cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checkout files for Jenkins CI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I'm using Jenkins for my development tasks and continuous integration.

Recently I came to a project using NWDI. I'm a JavaScript developer using SAPUI5, and all the source code is checked into NWDI. As I want to continue using Jenkins, I'm searching for a plugin to access the source code inside of NWDI out of Jenkins.

I want to check for changed files for a DC. If there are changed files, checkout the whole project and perform the unit tests and integration tests. However, I don't know how to get the sources out of NWDI.

I don't want to use Eclipse (NWDS) to check out files, or even switch to Subversion and don't use NWDI at all.

Do you know about a solution for this issue?

Best regards

Tobias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

if your development component uses a build plugin already knonw to the NWDI you should take a look at weigo/NWDI-Core-Plugin · GitHub.

This Jenkins plugins adds a new Job type to Jenkins that can poll your NWDI and when changes are detected pull changed development components from the DTR and builds them.

The plugin uses the DICLIENT package mentioned in an earlier post.

The build and installation process is documented on the GitHub repository.

Let me know if you encounter problems.

Regards

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

As far as I know this is not possible without NWDS.

Best Regards

Harald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harald,

there are command line tools for accessing NWDI (DICLIENTS). However, I don't know how to use them or how to integrate them into Jenkins.

Hopefully someone already uses NWDI and Jenkins and knows a solution for this issue.

Best regards

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Correct, but the command line tools can be used instead of the GUI...however this is still not usable for non-SAP clients.

See:

Command Line Tools of the Development Infrastructure - Using Java - SAP Library

Best Regards

Harald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harald,

in Jenkins I can call Windows batch files with plain commands, even those command line tools for NWDI. Is this right? If so, using the command line tools in Jenkins should be possible.

I only need to find a way to get the currently active sources in NWDI and copy it to a local folder.

I don't want to check in files, change them or do any other edits. I need plain read access to the active sources.

Best regards

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Actually this could work. Check the download command of the DTR command line tool.

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/60/0adf3f3e054e1de10000000a155106/content.htm

However you should first check for the folder and file names of the workspace folder in NWDI with the dir commands.

Check the DTR commands overview:

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/8f/88d93f130f9115e10000000a155106/content.htm

Best Regards

Harald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harald,

thanks, I will give it a try.

At first I have to config the server connection and the workspaces. However, currently I don't know how to do this without NWDS by using command line tools only.

Do you have a hint what steps I have to do on a blank system (Windows PC, no NWDS) until I can download all files of a project (DC)?

Thanks again,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

I am not sure if I understand you properly: You want to do the setup of the workspaces in NWDI?

Best Regards

Harald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harald,

sorry, i have to be more specific.

I have an NWDI system, fully configured. It works fine with all the clients using NWDS.

Now I want to setup a new PC running Jenkins CI on Windows. This new PC doesn't have an NWDS installation. Only the command line tools are available on this PC.

Jenkins CI should be able to download (sync) the files from NWDI regularly and check for changes. If files have changed, some non-NWDI build processes will be started.

I only need to find way to download all files/folders from a specific development configuration (in NWDS you use Sync/Create Project in DC perspective). Therefore I have to setup the connection to the NWDI system (IP, user, password), the DCs and so on. The setup is for the client (so for the new Jenkins CI PC) only. NWDI is running on another PC within our network.

If you have any additional questions, please let me know.

Best regards

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Did you check again the command line DTR tool? It should  be possible to checkout the files what you are looking for.

BR

Harald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harald,

I will take a closer look at it. Thank you.

Best regards

Tobias

jmoors
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure if you managed to solve this, however the DTR supports the WEBDAV protocol.

If you only need to get the files from NWDI and you know the path to files in the active DC, I think you could also use a JavaScript WEBDAV client to get the files.

sara-nl/js-webdav-client · GitHub

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jason, that's great news.

However, where do I find more information about the WebDav support of the DTR?

Regards,

Tobias

jmoors
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There isn't a great deal of documentation from SAP, it might be easier to look at the webdav documentation.

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/75/2475280e8df94997fec921dd271439/content.htm

http://scn.sap.com/thread/176360

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again.

Is there a good WebDav/DeltaV client? DAVExplorer is free, but it looks very ugly. I'm searching for something more user friendly.

I will search for a Jenkins WebDav plugin to pull the sources from the DTR. Thanks for this great idea.

Regards

Tobias