cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

detailed log for external programs is not found

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have scheduled many SAP Jobs for which the steps are external programs ( Basically Unix Scripts ).

Even though they are completing successfully, and I can see the logs like below, But it is not in detail. Both the detailed log screen we used to get in SAP, and the recent log screen in Redwood are provided here. Can you please suggest what I need to do to get the detailed logs in Redwood?

The SAP detailed Logs:

The Recent redwood logs.

BR
Madhu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhishek_singh29
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to enable flag in CPS as it was enable in SAP. If you import that job in CPS, please enable the check falgs and logs in CPS as Yes. or please create the parameter in JD and enable it.

Regards,

Abhishek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Madhu,

When you execute an exernal program that is already defined in SAP, from Redwood, it is still an SAP job for Redwood (not unix job), hence Redwood cannot obtain that details.

the best way to do this is to install a platform agent in the Unix system and schedule the script directly from Redwood instead of through SAP.

How/Where did you get the detailed log screen in SAP. Can you please provide the steps to reproduce?

What you have now:

Redwood-->SAP-->Unix

What you should have:

Redwood-->Unix.

thanks

Nanda

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you check the parameter values on parameters STDOUTCNTL and STDERRCNTL on the CPS job?

Regards Gerben