SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fund center derivation and FM Update mismatch

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello:

After two years of smooth running, my client is reporting me a strange issue in budget commitment on PRs. Fund center that is being shown in account assignment tab of PR is the correct one which should be derived as per derivation rules, however at the time of posting the PR , system is updating it to wrong fund center.I am attaching screen shot for the reference to the issue. When i raise new PR system behaves correctly, but there are numerous PRs which have been reported by client which contains this behavior. I have tried reconstruction of AVC ledger, i have checked derivation rules settings no overwrite is allowed. Wondering how can this be possible.Please guide.

Regards

7 REPLIES 7

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

AVC reconstruction plays no role here, as document journal is not produced from AVC totals. What you can try to rectify the documents is FMN3N transaction.

However, to identify the root of this behaviour you have to be able to replicate the case in the system. Then, with putting a trace on FMDERIVE you can make sure that it's not the source of the problem. Without looking at the data on your system, it will be difficult to identify the reason. Theoretically, fund centre could be either derived (FMDERIVE) or adopted from EMF, but as far as I can see from the screenshot, you don't use any EMFs.

If the problem persists, I'd suggest to raise an issue to OSS.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hello Eli:

Thank you for your reply. Yes i am raising OSS note for the same because when i am replicating the same scenario with trace on system is behaving correctly. Client is reporting that this is occurring randomly in PR. Let us see what SAP has to say about it.

Regards

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

... and does FMN3N reconstruct FMIOI correctly?

0 Kudos

Yes it does but this we need to find out why is system behaving wrongly right from the inception and later on fixes the same with FMN3N.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, sure. However, if you cannot replicate the case, it would be difficult to find the reason. Are you sure that derivation rules were not changed in between?

0 Kudos

I asked the client he said derivation rules were not changes. However what impact does it make if derivation rules were changed ?What system is deriving and what system is updating in FM document journal are complete contradiction . Between how can find for a particular rule that which rule values were changed ? FMDERIVE change log is not active.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you go to Menu - Extras - Overview in the rule, you can see the changes, if it's a table lookup rule. Change of the rule can have an impact in a sense that PR was started with one rule and finally posted with another. Additional option could be that PR assignment was changed manually, and if there is no 'overwrite' flag in FMDERIVE, the value in PR will remain.