cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi approval travel and Powl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can the FITV_POWL_Approver POWL application be used for multi-level approval scenarios?

We have 4 levels of approvals for travel. This seems to work only for 1 level. Is there a way to make the workflow trigger for other approvers.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This is not possible in standard

You can develop your own POWL/workflow for multi-level approval scenarios, thats a very common requirement and a common specific development. We are doing it for almost all customers

Regards

Mathieu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand that the standard cannot be used.

We have specific positions as approvers which are selected through responsibility rules. Is there a way that these can be picked in POWL.

I read somewhere that if you use workflows POWL will not work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

POWL is a huge, complex (and Lukas would say TRICKY) toolbox

It is basically displaying a "todo list" based on anything (could be workitems, could be anything...).

The standard POWL is one level approval : the status is set to approved after first approver. You can customize the way to determine this ONE approver, cant do anything else. It is true aswell that in standard POWL there is no workflow involved and no worklow can be used. That is in standard.

Now if you are doing an ABAP development you can, of course, create your own POWL selecting approvers through OM, responsibility rules, a custom ztable... You can use a workflow or not depending on the requirements.

POWL is customized using transaction POWL_COCKPIT (it is a bit strange at first but once you know how it works it is not that hard).

For my current customer I did a custom POWL with a custom workflow and everything works perfectly fine ^^

(heres a capture)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Mathieu. This was definitely insightful.

We have a series of responsibility rules in place.

Would it be advisable to make use of the below feeder class to incorporate our require.

CL_FITV_POWL_TRIPS_TOBEAPPROVE

We were trying to find if there is a BADI that can be used to select approvers into POWL based on our responsibility rules.

For time, we made use of the below to achieve the same.

CL_PT_ARQ_REQ_EXIT

PT_ABS_REQ - enhancement spot

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could do an overwrite exit for method get_objects of CL_FITV_POWL_TRIPS_TOBEAPPROVE.

I think you could manage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Mathieu for your help. Truly appreciate your inputs.

Answers (0)