cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide id from drop-down list at the top of the detail tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nakisa experts!

I have one more question about Nakisa OrgChart 4.0 SP 1.

How can I hide position and org unti id from drop-down list at the top of detail tab, see picture below:

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jane/Denis.

Have you had any success in doing this based on the above or an alternate approach?

Regards,

Stephen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Stephen.

We have no success in solving this problem, just keep the ID in the history for now .

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried contacting Nakisa to see if they had a hidden option for you to apply (or an alternate suggestion)?

Regards,

Stephen.

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure you're going to be able to change this.  I think (but I'm afraid I don't know for sure) the section is defined by \WEB-INF\uitemaplates\com\nakisa\manager\omg\ui\subucs\sectionDesigners\DetailHistoryButtonSectionSubUC.xhtml, which after a quick search through the application looks as though it might be populated by a NakisaTrollBin.jar ... which isn't really something you should be looking to edit.

Nakisa do often write in various settings that can allow features to be tweaked and enabled/disabled.  It could be that there's something you could add into SettingsResources to apply the change you require, but you would need to contact Nakisa about this as they don't document all of these options.

All this being said I would query why this is being done.  It is not uncommon to say have multiple positions with the same name - e.g. HR Administrator might exist in several org units.  If you are looking through several identically named org units or positions, the unique identifier is going to be the object's ID.  As such it seems most logical to me to keep the ID in the history to allow a user to discern the difference between identically named positions/org units.

Regards,

Stephen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, Stephen.

Do you know how i can hide entirely this panel (Detailes History Panel)?

Thanks

--

Regards,

Denis.

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think it would be worth checking with Nakisa to see if there is a SettingsResources setting for this, but failing that, the DetailHistoryButtonSectionSubUC.xhtml file if it does indeed control the history has a table structure holding the fields.  Perhaps try commenting the table out?