Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search help exit is not working in Collective Search help

0 Kudos

Dear All,

I created one search help exit and it is working in elementary search help. But if I assign same search help exit in collective search help it is not working.

Please help...

Thanks

Chaitanya M

4 REPLIES 4

former_member1716
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

Please let us know what steps did you follow in using it in collective search help.

Befor that please folow the below steps:

1) Try to append your elementary search help to standard help by navigating as below, try providing some valuable name starting with Z or Y.

Goto-> Append search help

2) Now double click on the search help which will navigate you to the search help append search help page.

3) Now there again add your elementary search help by navigation mentioned in step one.

Do activate all the pages befor checking for the functionality. Do not for get to mention a short text for your search help.

Can you please let us know the name of the collective search help in which you are trying to insert your elementary search help.

For further details please look in to my below mentioned blog. Please get back in case of any issues.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-55955

thanks and Regards,

Satish

0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

Actually, I am creating search help exit in DBUK search help to check authorization of company code. my requirement is to display only authorized values.

There are 2 elementary search helps in DBUK. So do I need to assign this search help exit in 2 elementary search helps? instead of this I am trying to assign in collective search help. because we need access key to change standard search help.

if I assign exit in collective search help, will that work directly without assigning in elementary search help?

0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

I don thin you can assign a search help exit to the collective search help DBUK since you have already one existing named D_F4_BUKRS_EXIT. Why dont you try creating an enhancement point inside the existing exit and try your logic there.

Further With out access key you cannot add exit to the either standard collective search help or elementary search help.

Regards,

Satish

regards,

Satish

0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, you are right. As you said, I tried by creating an implicit enhancement in D_F4_BUKRS_EXIT.  But it is not getting triggered at  CALLCONTROL-STEP = 'DISP' when I press F4 on BUKRS field in XD01.

And yes, we need access key to add search help exit in search help. But, I have same requirement in DEBI search help of KUNNR field. if I want to add exit in this search help, I have to assign in 12 elementary search helps.

That's why I am trying to add in collective search help....

Please suggest on this.