cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding messages to the BAL during Action processing

robphelan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey everyone.. I was under the impression that if I filled in the Return table with messages, those would be stored in the AIF BAL log.

However, I'm not seeing them appear consistently. Does the Action have to terminate in a certain status (successful / unsuccessful)?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Could you please describe in more details what you mean with "not seeing them appear consistently"?

Which messages are added to the application log depends on the trace level (AIF customizing-->Define Trace Level). If nothing else is specified, trace level 0 is used.

Or maybe it is simply related to the display of the log messages in /AIF/ERR? If you have any error messages by default only those will be displayed in the log messages view. The success, info messages etc. you have to display manually.

Best regards,

Verena

robphelan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Verena,

In each function module of my action, I'm trying to pass back informational messages to the BAL log using the BAPIRET2 table. But, I'm not seeing those messages displayed in the BAL log.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Your action function should have a parameter RETURN_TAB. With "using the BAPIRET2 table"
you mean that you add the message to this RETURN_TAB, right?

Check the AIF trace level settings in /AIF/CUST->Error Handling->Global Features. Select
Trace Level 0. For Function Errors all message types should be selected.

Is this the case in your system?

Best regards,

Verena

robphelan
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, I add messages to the RETURN_TAB but they aren't showing up in the BAL log.

I checked the AIF trace level settings in /AIF/CUST->Error Handling->Global Features

But I Dissolve Structures & Define Trace Level options.

I choose Define Trace Level and see that there are 4 entries: 0 - 3

Is this supposed to be assigned to the Interface or Action ?

robphelan
Participant
0 Kudos

does it make any difference if I'm manually populating the RETURN_TAB using my own values in the message and type / msgv1 / msgv2.. but with no Message Class or Message number?

robphelan
Participant
0 Kudos

So it was as I suspected. I created proper messages in SE91 and the messages are now coming through even with variables in the MESSAGE_V1 / V2 / V3 / V4

Answers (0)