Surround a UIBB with a Panel

j_schnatz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Good day everyone,

I am building a GAF Application with two steps:

1. Selection and

2. Main.

In the Main step, I would like to show the selection values from the selection made in step 1. For this I am using a Form-UIBB.

Now, my customer would like to have the selection-form surrounded by a Panel UI-Element, so it can be minimized to have more space on the screen.

I have attempted to solve this requirement as follows:

I have created a WDC, swapped the ROOTUIELEMENTCONTAINER to a Panel and added the Form-UIBB as a embedded view / component usage. However, this works only when calling it directly as a Web Dynpro Application - not if I embed the WDC as a freestyle UIBB in my GAF.

Does anybody have an idea to surround the Form-UIBB with a Panel in my GAF?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Cheers and Thanks

Johannes

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jens_boeckenhauer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes,

panels are not supported in GAF. And I definitely do not recommend to embed UIBBs in freestyle UIBBs. As an alternative construction you may consider buttons "Show"/"Hide"in the GAF toolbar triggering an ADD_UIBB and REMOVE_UIBB in the application controller. But first of all I would check whether for a Selection/Main Pattern, the GAF is indeed the right choice. This appears to me like a standard OVP pattern with initial page, and then you could use the standard OVP panels for UIBBs.

Regards,

Jens