cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we delete Home tab?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

Is there any way to delete home tab on launch pad?

If not, can we make a customize page visible but let as start page document tab?

Thank you,

Oscar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

You didn't understand my question. The question it was related to create a customize home page and have it assigned to a group users but have the document tab has initial page.

What I'm asking for it's not possible to do with the platform.

Thank's anyway

Regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sad news for my requiremients

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oscar,

Try below steps to set documents tab as home page

a.  Go to Preferences in BI Launchpad.

b.  Uncheck "Use Default Settings".

c.  Select "Documents Tab".

d.  Select "Folders".

e.  Select "Public Folders" or a specific folder that you want to see.

f.  Save and Close.

Refer the thread below, similar requirement on BI launchpad customization.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can change in Launchpad -> Preferences -> General settings to change the start page.

To change Home tab, you can create a new BI workspace and customize it and can specify in the above settings as Home Tab.

If you like to customize the look and feel or to play with html/ css, you can start from here:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

That was not the purpose of my question, My doubt is in case I cannot delete the home page from the visibility of the user, can I make the documents tab as a start page and moreover customize with a workspace the home page?

I just see home the option to customize the home page in case you selected as a start page on the preferences.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oscar,

You can set the Documents tab as Home page in BI launchpad, here is the link below how to do it @ 21 page number, you cannot delete the home tab but you can hide the home tab by selecting the other option as documents tab.

http://events.asug.com/2013BOUC/BI%20Platform/8_26_13/0513%20Make%20It%20Look%20Like%20Your%20Own%20...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

If I select documents tab as start page I countinou see home page tab on user launch pad. what do you mean with "you can hide the home tab"? do you consider hide as unselected tab?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oscar,

Hope you will see " NO Preferences Defined" checkbox, make it as Tick mark in NO preferences Defined and select radio button "Documents Tab".

After making this changes, you will see Documents tab as starting Page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,

I think you don't get me what I was asking.

I already define "Documents tab" as start page. The problem is when you choose this option, you are not able to define a customize Home page. So means, when you enter as user configured, the start page is "Documents tab" but you still see home page on launch pad unselected. If you select home page you see the home page created by defect, no chance to define one as customized.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oscar,

I thought you are not selected that option, As per my knowledge we cannot customize "Home Tab", it is the default behaviour of product design.