cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Variant configuration planned order conversion says no routing available

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I have a super routing to which I have assigned selection conditions to select the routing according to the configuration. The selection conditions are active also. After creating a sales order for the header configurable material I ran MRP for it which created planned orders for the BOM items. Now when I try to convert the planned orders to production order for the BOM items I get the following errors for all of them.

No routing found:

Material                   T_4S_ENGINE

Plant                        1000

Quantity                   5 PC

Explosion date         05.09.2014

Also when I tested the configuration in CU50 I get the following result which is correct according to my selection conditions. But in description space for the material it's gives the description that belongs to one of the BOM items. See picture below. The description is supposed to be 'Configurable Material for Motorcycle' which is the header material.

Even though if I have a super routing should I still create routing for BOM items?

Could you please help me how to solve this.

Best Regards,

Thileepan P

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor

Thileepan Paulraj,

Is it a scenario for configurable material or Material variant?

I didnt understand the mis-match in description issue, can please check material master description as well as the routing assigned to this material, there is possibility that same routing is assigned to another material too.

Also please check settings in configuration profile, which BOM application and settings mantain over there?

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I

t is a scenario for configurable material not for material variant.

the description mis-match is now solved. The description was only maintained in German for the material. I added English also and now it works fine.

Screenshot of the configuration profile is below. This screenshot is of the configuration profile for the object 'material'.

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thileepan Paulraj,

with the configuration profile, BOM application as well as process settings looks fine , as well as your result in CU50 picking correct routing operation while simulation.

Please check if there is any production version mainatin with specific lot and thast why for quantity 5 its not finding any routing ?

A quick test could be , create a sales order with quantity 1 and then try to creates its plan order in production order.

By the way which strategy you are using for this material?

check and come back.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There are non-configurable assemblies in my product. I created routings for them and now I don't see the problem coming up. I am using strategy 25 MTO for configurable material. And now I have another problem while converting my planned order of the header material into a production order. It says assembly not possible with MTO strategy and doesn't allow me to proceed. I have created another post for that here please check my second comment in the thread and help me if you know something about this problem also.

BR, Thileepan P

Ritz
Active Contributor

Thileepan Paulraj,

I will check and reply in Implementing Variant configuration with Non-configurable assembly

If this issue is solved please colse this thread.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member

I had to assign routing to the individual components. super routing still did not work.

Please do check and reply to the other query.

Thank you

Thileepan

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thileepan Paulraj,

seems i am missing some information here, appriciate if you can give example of model you build and please do not mix issues in one another, i suggest create one thread for one issue and once its solved , close it and open a new one. It will be helpfull while replying as well as it will be useful for other members if they face similar issue they can refer to one thread.

If you are dealing with configurable material , you have created super BOM & super Routings, same BOM and routings will be utilized while creating  plan & production order for configurable material.

No need to create and assign BOM or routing for every order.

If you are using Result oriented Order BOM's , network etc , you may need to create routing for every sales order line item ,so i am not sure what setup you are using and why you have issue with routing not getting picked up in plan order but available during simulation.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you . I will keeps those points in mind the next time I ask a query.

This is my example.

My configurable material (motorcycle) has 4 characteristics namely Engine type (values: 2-stroke, 4-stroke) Frame type (values: dirt bike, standard bike, touring bike, cruiser bike, sports bike), Tyre (Values: Pirelli, goodyear, MRF) and paint (red, black, blue). I have created a super BOM and a super routing.

1. I did not create routings for every individual order, I meant apart from creating a super routing I had to assign the appropriate routing operation to every individual material in the BOM. for example after creating I have 3 types of tyre and i created an individual routing for all the 3 types of tyres although they all have the same operation. So apart from the super routing I had to create these individual routings also, I'm not sure if it is a normal step to be carried out in every variant configuration model or my super routing just doesn't get picked while converting planned order into production order. But the r

2. First let me make sure my routing is picked up at least in PMEVC.

In PMEVC after value assignment I click on results and I am able to see my BOM in that page but not my routings. In order to see my routing I have to click the button 'task list' is that how we usually we see routing also along with the BOM in the result screen after value assignment?

BR, Thileepan P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please let me know if you need more info about my configuration profile and class also. I just don't want to mix up the information already now.

BR, Thileepan

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thileepan Paulraj

If you can see BOM and routings as result in PMEVC  ,same should appear in plan order, please create a sales order for qunatity 1 and check results.

Also, i didnt understand what you have mentioned for type of tyres below

. for example after creating I have 3 types of tyre and i created an individual routing for all the 3 types of tyres although they all have the same operation. So apart from the super routing I had to create these individual routings also, I'm not sure if it is a normal step to be carried out in every variant configuration model or my super routing just doesn't get picked while converting planned order into production order.

I assume these 3 tyres are 3 different material number in BOM at 3 different position and get selected with a selection condition as per user assignmnet of values? in same way in super routing there can be 3 different operation to which these materials can be assigned or there can be only one operation which will work as " Tyre assembly"

please check and confirm if its working fine till this step.

Now come to assemblies in super bom, if any material which is being used in super BOM as component have its own BOM will be treated as assembly, this assembly should have a valid BOM & and valid routing in place to have so that when plan order for this assembly will be created this bom and routing will be copied for same.

When you will use PMEVC for configurable material only first level BOM and routing wil be visible there.

Please check and reply, also mark repleis helpful if it helps you.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume these 3 tyres are 3 different material number in BOM at 3 different position and get selected with a selection condition as per user assignmnet of values? in same way in super routing there can be 3 different operation to which these materials can be assigned or there can be only one operation which will work as " Tyre assembly"

These 3 tyres are three different materials namely pirelli_tyre, goodyear_tyre and MRF_tyre. They are all in the same position in the BOM. Depending on the value assigned to the characteristic Tyre_type any one of the above 3 materials will be selected.

I created one sales order and my when converting the planned order to production order it throws the following error. I am able to proceed with a warning for both 'yes' and 'know' options. Let's say I click yes now, and then I proceed and then I go to the 'Production order create: Header' screen. Now when I click the button 'operation overview' on top I am able to see an operation which is not at all present in my super routing. Don't know how this happens .

Whereas for another component (dirtbike_Frame) in the BOM I created a separate routing with one single operation and assigned it to the material (dirtbike_frame) apart from assigning it in the super routing and writing the correct selection condition so for this material (dirtbike_frame) the routing gets picked properly. 

BR, Thileepan P

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thileepan Paulraj,

Whats the production  order type being picked up for you material ?

Why dont you check order dependent parament for this order type , may be the configuration to pick correct routing is missing and thsst why you are facing this issue.

please check OPJF for selection id and then check whats maintaion in OPL8

May be here you will find the issue of missing routing fixed.

please check and come back

Thanks

Ritesh

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I created one sales order and my when converting the planned order to production order it throws the following error. I am able to proceed with a warning for both 'yes' and 'know' options. Let's say I click yes now, and then I proceed and then I go to the 'Production order create: Header' screen. Now when I click the button 'operation overview' on top I am able to see an operation which is not at all present in my super routing. Don't know how this happens .

as no routing found program may have picked a referance operation set or default operation mainatined for order type which you can see in operation overview.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

The production order type picked up is PP01 (standard production order).

My super routing parameters are as below.

This is how my OPFJ screen looks like. Which is the selection ID column in this? and where do I find the task list type in my routing?

BR, Thileepan P

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

now make a simple correction change your usage to 1 instead of 3 , and run a quick cycle of creating samles order till production order.

It will work ( you can keep yoour fingers cross, it helps )

check and reply.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

My crossed fingers did not help . Still says routing not found.

I am gonna create a new routing from scratch and write my dependencies again. Let's see if it works then, or else or else I will ditch this and hit the club .

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thileepan Paulraj

so sad, i suggest just keep the roting simple.

for the start use CA01 and create routing with just one opetaion , no dependencies at all.

save it and run a quick test, you simple routing with one operatioon should appear in production order.

now add one mroe operation in routing and write a selection condition for this oepatrion, and run a quick test, and so on ......

It seems you are missing some thing  small na dits creating a issue.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

This issue is just frustrating at times.

But thank you so much for your patience. I will create the routing as you said and keep you posted about what happens.

BR, Thileepan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please take a look.