SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value BLANK / SPACE is invalid for account assignment element "fund" + KGI2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Kindly suggest reason for the below error which is comming during KGI2 actual over calculation

I tried to activate Trace to see the reason but nothing is displayed in trace

Value BLANK / SPACE is invalid for account assignment element "fund"

Message no. F6804

Diagnosis

You have not made an entry for FM account assignment element Fund and you left the value BLANK or SPACE. This is not permitted.

System Response

The system will carry out no further processing.

Procedure

Enter a valid value for FM account assignment element Fund.

As per below link configuration is already changed

Fund is optional for posting with FM area XXX until 9999

Regards

Upendar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
23 REPLIES 23

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please, implement OSS note 1033060 - Splitting: Error message F6 804

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Many thanks for reply I will check and confirm.

In continuation to this error, can you please let me know in my current project (implementation) initially I have activated only CI and FC then after completion some unit and integration testing in DEV client I have activate FUND my doubt  is there any issue with this activation?

Please clarify

Regards,

Upendar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Note implemented but still error is not solved.

Please suggest

Regards

Upendar

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can activate further FM elements. Of course, if you set them as mandatory you have to complete the information using standard reassignment tools, e.g. FMCN, FMCT.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you define 'fund' eligible for 'blank' values? From your message it is not clear... Also, check if 'fund' is duly activated as FM assignment object.

Of course, you can just stick some dummy value to fund in order to get rid of the message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Many thanks for reply

As per your previous suggestion (Fund is optional for posting with FM area XXX until 9999) in Allow BLANK as Value for Account Assignment Elements settings FUND is deselected

Fund is activated as  FM assignment object.

Of course, you can just stick some dummy value to fund in order to get rid of the message

Can you please suggest how to get rid of message (trace also not triggering for KGI2)

Regards

Upendar

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just assign dummy fund in FMDERIVE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Could you please let me know what will be the source in FMDERIVE. I think target will be FUND so that I will assign DUMMY

Regards

Upendar

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Source is the constant ('assignment' rule type).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Could you please elaborate, in FMDERIVE  I could not found constant

Regards

Upendar

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to select rule type called 'assignment' (not 'table lookup'). Then, you can assign your constant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Sorry for again again asking you.

In FMDERIVE with assignment rule type, here Source Field, Constant, and Target field are available so which one I have to select. how to assign FUND = DUMMY

Regards,

Upendar

Message was edited by: Upendar Singh .

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Select 'Constant', enter 'DUMMY' and target field should be 'Fund'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Many thanks for your immediate reply

I have assigned but still error not solved.

Regards

Upendar

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raise OSS ticket, then.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Just now I raised

Thanks for your help

Regards

Upendar

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not at all. Please, update the thread when you get some feedback from SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sure I will do the same.

Regards,

Upendar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I got reply from SAP and error has been solved as per below reply. Just I have assigned DUMMY FUND for credit in Cost Sheet configuration of Controlling.

The error message F6804 occurs because the credit side of the overhead

costing does not have an assignment to a fund area. The fund value for

the credits of the overhead calculation is not derived from company

code or master data but taken only from the customizing of the credit.

So, the credit M35 in CO area XXXX, system XXX 120, requires a value in

the column 'Fund' and then the surcharge calculation will pass the checkof the documents to be posted. The maintenance of the credit is done viatransaction KZE2 in the corresponding customizing system.

When you enter this credit in customizing and try to leave this screen,

you will currently get error message KA474: 'Enter fund, functional areaor grant'. Please adjust those settings..

Regards,

Upendar

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good to know. Still does not explain why FMDERIVE was not working nor why allowing blank value for fund is not enough for the system Well, I'm glad, that you passed the transaction, at least.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Sorry for late reply

Through FMDERIVE system is not triggering FUND

As per my understand error while doing KGI2 there is no accounting entry...it is just a credit to Cost Center which is assigned in cost sheet config Credit step...

I think we have to write derivation to Cost Center which is assigned in cost sheet configuration and FUND, but instead of derivation rule I have directly assigned in Cost Sheet configuration..

Regards

Upendar

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Don't you have CO actions integrated in FM? If not, this would explain FMDERIVE behaviour.

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

I am having same error in most of my fi postings. like when i book an invoice to vendor i get same error. After allowing blank value for fund in spro this error gets resolved but i don't know the consequences of doing so. could you please explain what impacts this will have on standard processes?

Regards,