cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel expense manager PR05 - trip default status when saving

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi travel experts,

every time I review, change and save or save a new trip in PR05 the status of the trip ist set to "released for approval".

This is especially nasty as we are sending out emails to teamleads if a trip needs to be approved.

I would like to change the status of a trip after hitting the save button to "in progress" instead of immediately go to "released for approval"

I tested different combinations of trip status customization "Trip approved - PTKXX-WA4XX, Open - PTKXX-WAX0X, To be settled - PTKXX-WAX1X but could never achive the desired result.

Any hint which would help to solve my problem is highly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Wolfgang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfgang,

are you aware that you can choose what status to save the trip in via the button "Set Trip status" (Hotkey Shift+F1) in PR05? If yes, do I assume correctly that the defaulting to 3-1 itself (although you can change that before saving) is the core problem for you?

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

thanks for your reply and sorry for my late response.

Yes I am aware that the trip status can be changed via "Set Trip Status".

But I don't want to make our travel admins to change the status of the trip manually every time they update an approved trip. This is too inconvenient for day to day work.

I would rather like to change the default status whenever an approved trip is changed and saved again. Therefore you are correct, the defaulting from

trip status "trip approved/to be settled"

trip change/update and hit "save"

to trip status "trip completed/to be settled"

is the core problem.

The desired state after hitting "save" is "trip completed/settlement open"

I hope this helps to explain may issue.

Thanks, Wolfgang

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfgang,

this can be configured via TA FITVFELD (didn't even know that myself until I checked). There's a subsection "Status of TRIP". You'll have to set the default values for PTKXX-WA3XX and PTKXX-WAX0X to 'X'.

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

your are right. In the trip schema the default values for a trip can be defined.

All this customizing is under the node "Trip Status" which actually means that these default values only apply if the user calls the subdialog "Trip Status" in PR05.

If the user saves a trip after changing it, then a different status is applied.

Actually this is the result of my testing and not documented as such.

I would like to know if the trip status for the "save" can be customized or if it is hardcoded.

Best Regards and a nice weekend ...

Wolfgang

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wolfgang Speckle wrote:

Hi Lukas,

your are right. In the trip schema the default values for a trip can be defined.

All this customizing is under the node "Trip Status" which actually means that these default values only apply if the user calls the subdialog "Trip Status" in PR05.

If the user saves a trip after changing it, then a different status is applied.

Actually this is the result of my testing and not documented as such.

I would like to know if the trip status for the "save" can be customized or if it is hardcoded.

Best Regards and a nice weekend ...

Wolfgang

Indeed. Then you'll have to overwrite it programatically in SAPMP56T / MP56TF00 FORM SET_STATUS_TRVPA. You'll see at the end of the Form Routine ABREC is always set to '1', i.e.  ptkxx-wax1x = 'X'. If I was in your shoes, I'd make an implicit enhancement at the of the form routine, clear  ptkxx-wax1x and set  ptkxx-wax0x = 'X'. That should do the trick.

Cheers, Lukas