cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read the CSV name in the transformation routine - loading with DTP!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am loading a CSV from the desktop/application server bypassing the PSA and I need to fetch the name of the CSV in the IOBJ transformation routine (the expert routine would also do if that is easier).

PLEASE NOTE: I am using a DTP (not an InfoPackage).

I am able to retrieve the DTP technical name (over object P_R_REQUEST), but where do I retrieve the CSV file name?

I have not found any table where the CSV-name is saved nor any variable or class attribute that could help, but hopefully someone got an idea.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you have the request ID - have a look at the table RSBKSELECT/RSBKREQUEST - that may store the filename selections.

Cheers

Henry

sat_p2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope you are loading master data attribute from your desktop/application server.

Two level of data flow is required when you are loading master data.

first level : Soruce to PSA(Data source) through info package.

Second level : Data source to Target(info object) through DTP

I hope answer is very clear for you.

Regards,

satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Henry, but unfortunately not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

See my answer to Colm.

RafkeMagic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have you run an sql trace (transaction code ST05) yet while adding such filename to your DTP?

we're not working here the way you do (we always go via PSA)... but that's how I would approach such issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah u r rite but the list was reaaally long n i checked the most plausible but found nothing n hoped that somebody here would know ... but so far unlucky me

RafkeMagic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you could filter that list on tables for which only 1 entry was written...

colm_boyle
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI there,

the CSV is the datasource is it not? If so you should be able to see the datasource name in the table RSDS.

Pleae elaborate on what you are trying to do a little more if this does not help,

thanks,

Colm

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a datasource (ZDATASOURCE) connected with a transformation to a DSO containing InfoObject ZFILENAME (type long string). A CSV source system has been assigned to this datasource and staging is done with a DTP (no PSA).

In the DTP there is the path to the CSV which I load. In the routine I want to fetch the name of that CSV and populate IOBJ ZFILENAME with the CSV-name.

The question is: how in the routine can I read the CSV-name?

colm_boyle
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I'm not sure if this is possible, the DTP usually reads the data between the PSA and the Datatarget with 7.x functionality.

Is it necessary to skip the PSA? Why do you want to do this? What options do you have in the DTP settings for skipping the PSA, I checked this on my test system and I believe it is necessary to load to the PSA firstly.

You will see the technical name for the Source System in table LOGSYS, or perhaps SLOGSYS, check this out on your system. Also, you can check the technical name of the Source System in the Source System tree in RSA1.

Again I'm not sure you can do this without the PSA,

Thanks,

Colm

(I'll be intersted to know how you acheive this if you do manage to get it working, thanks)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the DTP configuration there is a check box "not PSA" or something like that (dont have a system in front). If you check the box you dont need PSA.