Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove extract space between pages in smartform without changing output

former_member295881
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I've been given a requirement where I need to remove extra space between pages of a smartform (refer to the attachment). If you look at the following screen shot then you will notice that that there is a command provided to display details on these pages which has a checkbox 'Go to New Page'.

When I removed the above New Page comment then still I don't see the expected output (Refer to the attached screen shot 'Expected' to see what I need).

Also there is another there is another New Page command (as shown below).

When I tried to removed the above New Page Command then output was totally changed which user don't want (as shown below. Table should have been break on BCVI on red line, which happens today but with so much extra space).

To view the correct output how user want please have a look at 'Expected' screen shot.

Now the question is what change I should make in my smartform to accomplish the expected output.

Many thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member295881
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello guys, can I get some help please to resolve this issue here?

Kairos
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think that you first should check the conditions for executing the command node. Only under this condition a page break will take place during the processing of printing the OUTPUT_TAB.

So, please go to the tab for conditions of the command node and check these criteria.

I don't think that you can solve your problem with the command nodes. It seems to me that you have to group different lines of an internal table and that you have to begin a new output table in case that you will have a new group of line items in the OUTPUT loop.

So maybe you should sort in the OUTPUT loop the line items in that way you would like to have be printed on the form. You can copy these items which belong to one group in a new internal table that is only relevant for printing the line items. These line items are now printed in the OUTPUT_TAB.

Then the grouped item lines of the OUTPUT loop are transferred to the internal table etc. So, you will have as many output table as you have defined line items group and you don't will have any page breaks.

Regards

Juergen

former_member295881
Contributor
0 Kudos

Many thanks for your input Juergen,

Actually I'm at a point where I've all the data in an internal table IT_PDF_DATA as shown below.

What I don't understand is that how I can print the information? Because I want to print a line (From: BCWU Service: Purolator Express 10:30 AM) and followed by a table as shown below.

Can you or somebody else please advise how should I display the required output.

Sample output.

Many thanks in advance.

Kairos
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think that it should work, this construction of an loop node including all relevant items and at the event TAB event sort field only these items are copied in the OUTPUT_TAB which should be printed in a separate table on the form. After having printed the table, the content of the internal table is cleared.

I suppose that you first should check if this TAB "event sort field" includes the correct criteria for the necessary group change. If this event is really defined correctly, then I only have one hint for you.

I know that the only possibility to define a page break in a table in the Window MAIN is to use the following technique:

Define an outside loop node and in this loop node a table node, but this table does not have a internal table to be looped through. It includes only the fields to be printed, maybe you have to re-design your table node.

By the way only then you can define a command node including a page break during the processing of an internal table.

Regards

Juergen