cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recon accounts- Open item managed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a doubt in Reconciliation accounts of Vendor/ customer & Assets. When we create a reconciliation account in GL master, it was created as non open item. but it is behaving as a open item. This function is working only for vendor & customer. why it is not working for Asset cases?

Regards,

Usha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Usha,

Reconciliation account is nothing but an intermediate account between your G/L accounts, Vendor and customer. There are various sub ledgers which are used in SAP. At the end of the particular period where the balances are checked, the balances of vendors, customers and assets hit to your reconciliation account and through reconciliation account the balances are updated in the balance sheet. The functionality for assets also does not vary.

Regards,

Keshava Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahemmed,

I came to know that we will be doing clearing for vendor and customer. Due to this the recon account of customer and vendor is behaving as open item managed only. But in asset case we are not going to do any clearing process. As per standard SAP, it wont behave like open item managed.

Regards,

Usha.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Usha,

Yes you are rite,  In Asset the Recon account no need to behave like a Open Item management GL. Thanks.

Regards,

Ahemmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Usha,

In Asset Accounting, all asset related Balance sheet accounts which are used by asset sub ledger must not be set open item management. Similarly for posting acquisition posting by an Incoming invoice (purchase form a vendor) the asset will be debited and vendor will be credited on the offsetting side. In this scenario, neither the asset recon account nor the vendor recon account should have open item management indicator activated.

On the other hand, posting an asset acquisition without an Invoice, Ex :  Dr. asset and Cr. an Asset clearing account, then open item management indicator for the clearing account should be switched on.

Regards,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Prakash.

Regards,

Usha.K

João_FI_FIN-CS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the OAMK tcode. For this account maybe the field on master data is not assigned.

JPA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JPA,

Thanks for your reply. I have checked the T.code OAMK, there we can change recon account for account type ( Vendor, customer, Assets). But my question was why asset reconciliation account was not behaving like vendor and customer recon account?

Regards,

Usha

0 Kudos

The same problem I faced as well since my CWIP account was showing all items as open. But I concluded as assets are managed as open items but these open items are not closed with standard clearing transactions. These transactions are closed when the assets are transferred to fixed assets using any capitalisation transaction like ABUMN.

The problem is not with reconciliation account but with asset accounting since SAP deals separately with assets.

Regards,

Noman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Usha,

I think you got the answer, If yes,  then its time to award some points

Regards,

Ahemmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Noman,

thanks for your reply. can you please explain me little bit brief?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I went to the T.code ABUMN, i could able to see Asset transaction : tranfer within company code. what is the relationship between these T.code with my issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Usha,

Structure of handling transactions of Vendors/Customers is different from Assets.  For Vendors/customers we don't have any depreciations and retirement type of transactions.  We will maintain only two types of recon (normal & Special).

But if you see from the Asset Perspective its different.  We have to do the depreciation, Asset retirements as well as the Asset Transfer.  All transactions are belongs to the same asset but the treatment is given differently.  For example for Depreciation also we have a recon account.

If we maintain only one Recon like AP/AR then it is very difficult to analyze these data differently.  May be that is the reason SAP configured the Asset Recon account in this way.  hope its helpfull.  thanks

Regards,

Ahemmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Analysis Usha,

As per my knowledge Recon account should not be maintained with Open Item because all the open items are managed at sub accounts level.  For your question may be Assets are valuating in different ways, like each assets are valuated with respect of depreciation and these records kept saperatly.  May be this would be one reason.

I am also looking for the answer with you:) Thanks.

Regards,

Inthiyaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inthiyaz,

Thanks for your reply. do we have any SAP note for this issue?

Regards,

Usha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Usha,

I Checked,  We do not have any note for this.  This is basically SAP standard function behaviour. Based on the Recon type you select in GL system will work.  Here System was desiged for Assets in this way.  Thank you.

Regards,

Inthiyaz