cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

clock in , clock out and absence issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

In our company, planned working time is 7:00 to 16:00.

I have an approved absence request from 8:00 to 10:00, but instead of 8:00 I left company at 8:20.

So my time events are as below:

clock in = 7:00

clock out = 8:20 (instead of 8:00)

clock in = 10:00

clock out = 16:00

approved absence request = 8:00 to 10:00

my expectation from system:

delimit my absence from 8:20 to 10:00.

Which customization are necessary in which table or PCR or Schema?

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

Best Regards,

Leila

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tested the schema if not check the PCR TE10 and TP10 in the log it  is working.

If your query is answered can you close thread.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkatesh,

I changed schema as below:

P2011          par2=2

TIP is correct but Quota has been deducted 2 hours not 1:40 (8:20 to 10).

what do I do about Quota?

best regards,

Leila

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

whether your problem is solved or not as far i understand its controlled in the schema.

If solved you can close the thread it helps others to refer the same.

Regards

Venkatesh

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leila,

There is nothing available in standard to achieve your requirement. Time evaluation locks the data during time evaluation run and hence, can't change the absence record in IT2001.

You will have to write a custom function which will pass an entry in staging table about the changes to be done to absence record in IT2001.

The custom function will be included in your time schema. A posting program will be required to pick up this data from staging table and post the record in IT2001.

Let me know if there are any queries about this solution approach.

Thanks and regards,
Vivek Barnwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek ,

Please guide me for generate this custom function:

I would like the system delimit my absence from 8:20 to 10 and deduct absence quota just 1 hour and 40 minutes instead of 2 hours automatically.

Best Regards,

Leila

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leila,

In your positive time schema, you will have to ensure that functions P2011 and P2001 don't have any parameters maintained. First call in function P2011, then function P2001 and then the custom function. The function P2002 will come in after P2001.

The input and output of your custom function will be Table TIP. You should ask your ABAPer to compare time pairs of pair type 1 (IT2011) with time pairs of pair type 2 (IT2001) in Table TIP.

Whenever there is an overlap between time pairs of IT2011 and IT2001, it means that the absence record would need to be adjusted. You should determine whether the start time or end time of the absence needs to be adjusted.

Based on that, you should pass an entry in a staging table with the details of the absence type to be replaced.

In your case, you will pass an entry in your staging table to adjust your absence type from 8:00 - 10:00 to 8:20 - 10:00. We are using the staging table because during time evaluation run, master data is locked and the custom function won't be able to update IT2001.

You also need to create a posting program which will read data from staging table and update IT2001. You should schedule this posting program as a background job at 1 hour frequency to update IT2001. In some cases, master data will be locked and hence, the posting program will leave the record in staging table. Once the record is successfully posted in IT2001, it should delete the record from staging table.

You can keep an option that the program should try to post a max of 10 times and if it is unable to post in 10 attempts, it should an email notification to the HR team regarding this.

I hope this information is helpful for you and will help you design the solution.

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vivek,

Thanks for your reply.

I think that, have to discuss with our abaper, so I will inform you about result.

best regards,

Leila

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your Query is answered you can close the thread.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

unfortunately my Query isn't answered, I have absence quota deduction problem...

Best Regard

Leila

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Okay.

Regards

Venkatesh

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As i communicated do not change anything make parameter 2 as blank and again check the quota whether it is reducing the quota or not.

There is a PCR TE10 which delimits the absence record if it overlaps with clock in clock out record.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

please say to me how do i change PCR TE10?

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As mentioned earlier you no need to change the TE10 it must not be commented and it is only to adjust the absences in back end.

when you are talking about absence days are connected with absence quotas it does not work if you do not have the absence quotas in your requirement then only it will fulfill's the requirement.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

but I've defined absence Quota in IT2006!

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have such requirement you have to check with technical consultant since 2006 deduction column is not having any relation with time evaluation when you look at the table ABWKONTI it is replica of 2006 in input itself the deduction column will be appeared with 2001 absence days.

The only way is to build a new program with the help of technical consultant where it has to check overlapping records between 2011 and 2001 so that you will get an output of overlapping records and the same should be adjusted in 2001 either it is manually or back end upload program once you adjust the same in 2001 then only 2006 deduction column will be changed as you are expecting.

you can go through a custom function as well but client may say that time evaluation process is consuming the time comparing with earlier days better hand over them a program where it should give over lapping records and check box in the same program to upload the them in 2001.

Regards

Venkatesh

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As suggested there is no change required .

Since in time management schema there is a control for such overlapping records and it will adjust absence records according to the clock out time.

Regards

Venkatesh

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

whether it is working or not.?

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkatesh,

I will test and inform you.

thanks a lot

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you do the following change in schema then you check the output in the log  it may work as you are expecting.

Regards

Venkatesh

former_member221248
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Leila,

You can ask your HR Administrator to do the deletion.

Or

You can go to Clock-in/Out Correction option and modify the entry.

Regards,

Nanny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nanny,

More than 1000 employee are working in our company ,

as you know, control and correction wrong data manually by HR Administrator is very difficult, inexact and time consumer, so I want this process to  be done automatically by system.

former_member221248
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Leila,

Then individual employee can use clockin/out correction option in ESS Portal for correcting their time entry. Or use upload funtion by LSMW Time administrator can upload all correct data.

Regards,

Meenakshi