cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update Record Model for old Records(Personnel Record) in DPF?

ali_eshaghibeni
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

i was able to successfully implement Digital Personnel files and Record Management for my scenario, but now question is:

i have created a record for personnel using "SE38--> Report (RPASRCREATEDPF)"  or "Tx RPASRCREATEDPF)  after a while i decided to add a node to my record model , how can i update my personnel records to new record model?

i need to do it for several staff and this is not logical to change record for every individual staff. Also when i deleted a record and recreated it all of old Archived and Processed Document gone.

Any Idea?

Regards,

Ali.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Pragya_Pande
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ali,

You will need to sync the record with the model.

There is a FM to do this for all records created using a record model. Please search for a note with keyword sync, record in BC-SRV-RM and BC-SRV-CM.

You will need to ensure that nobody has locked any of the records while the FM is being executed else it will not be synced.

Also the data objects that are linked to a record exist in the system unless they are deleted explicitly.

So if nobody has done that then the objects are still there. It is just that you will need to identify and link them again to the newly created record.

Best Regards,

Pragya

ali_eshaghibeni
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pragya

Thank you for your very helpful answer, i tried that report and it has changed my records but problem is, i am using SAP sample record model , i have changed some Nodes Name and it seem name change has not taken effect in my records, those nodes that i added to my record model is correctly transferred, but some changes has not affected my personnel records.

Green: Change Affected

Red: Not Changed

Regards,

Pragya_Pande
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ali,

Sync works for only newly added nodes. I am afraid, any metadata changes like description or free attributes' changes in the existing nodes will have to be made manually in each record.

There is no other way for that...

Best Regards,

Pragya

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ali_eshaghibeni
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Pragya,

thank you for your consideration and your answers, regarding to create a link between old archived docs and processes, can you explain a bit how can i make it happen automatically? i thought shall i create a new record it must check against old Archive Link and processes for that personnel, but if not what if i have many record that need to link again? i know where are Archived Documents but i dont have any idea about processed documents and attachment files.

Regards,

Ali.