cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Travel Management intergration with peoplesoft

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I need a help. I have a scenario where in we are implementing SAP Travel management and the HR master should to be extracted from peoplesoft.

1. Do we need to OM PA  in place for creating travel request , approving it and then posting it to finance  or do we have any other alternative of direct intergration with peoplesoft for HR master ?

2. They have ECC right now for other modules in SAP. For creating travel request we need R3 user IDs for each employee( ESS/ MSS is not in scope ) or in case if we use web applications for travel request and approval, do we need separate licenses for using travel ?

Request your help soon .

Thanks in advance .

Regards,

Shiva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Shiva

Without your business process it is hard to answer...

1/ You definitly need PA but everything can be created through interfaces from Peoplesoft. For OM it depends on how you want to determine approvers. You could live without it and use a custom infotype in PA for employee hierarchy or you could use OM (through interface again) to recreate your organization.

2/ Again it depends of your business process. You could use assistant to enter travel request / expenses in the system for all your employees otherwise you will need a userid for each employee. For licences you have to ask SAP as every customer contract is different

Regards

Mathieu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Mathieu for the reply .

Could you please tell me more about the interface.

Business process is:

HR Master will be in Peoplesoft > data will come in SAP through integration

( Here, do we have anything standard for the integration or we need to create a custom interface for getting the HR data ? How much is it feasible?

If incase we want to pick up the approver from peoplesoft but the approval should happen in SAP? is it possible ?

or can we use mini master ?

Employee will create a travel request , planning and expenses through sap ,, after final approval , information should be stored i peoplesoft.

Regards,

Shiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

HR Master will be in Peoplesoft > data will come in SAP through integration

( Here, do we have anything standard for the integration or we need to create a custom interface for getting the HR data ? How much is it feasible?

You will need to develop a custom interface You will have to map fi-tv required infotypes with Peoplesoft tables. It is feasible but complex , I did it for a customer between HR Access and SAP.

If incase we want to pick up the approver from peoplesoft but the approval should happen in SAP? is it possible ?

It is possible but not sure that is the best option You will have to develop a web service to ask for "Who is my approver?" to Peoplesoft. You will need some custom developments here as well

or can we use mini master ?

As far as I know you cant use mini master as it doesnt contains Infotype 17 which is mandatory for FI-TV

Employee will create a travel request , planning and expenses through sap ,, after final approval , information should be stored i peoplesoft.

You will need a custom interface here as well... If everything comes from Peoplesoft and is stored back in Peoplesoft in the end, why not doing travel expenses directly in Peoplesoft ???

Regards
Mathieu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathieu,

I still need to do the requirement gathering.   Will know the business needs after that, whether they want to store in peoplesoft or not . But thanks a lot for the information.

I have checked few more post . In those post its mention that mini master can be used for travel as it has IT 17 .

attaching the the link below

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/b6/cd97f249e911d189060000e8322f96/frameset.htm

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1783562

But will mini master can be used for identifying approvers ? is approval possible through it?

Would appreciate if could suggest the best practice for this scenario.

Regards,

Shiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok so you can use mini master in this case

From my point of view it is not sufficient for approvers because it is only master data (i.e. name, adress, bank, and so on...) but nothing like OM with hierarchy. You will need something else : recreating team hierarchy in SAP with OM, or a web service to get approver from people soft directly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, then in this case we should suggest for minimum OM PA implementation for structures and approvals.

As SAP HCM is not in scope but only SAP travel is in scope , does OM PA implementation have extra cost ?

Regards,

Shiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are talking about consulting cost yes but again it mainly depends of requirements From a licence point of view it depends of your customer contract could be could be not

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok . Thanks a lot Mathieu for the valuable information.

Regards,

Shiva

Answers (0)