0 Kudos

I come across following business function for FSCM Credit activation

FIN_FSCM_CCD

FIN_FSCM_CCD_2

FIN_FSCM_CCD_3

FIN_FSCM_CCD_INTEGRATION

FIN_FSCM_CCD_INTEGRATION_3

FIN_FSCM_INTEGRATION

Is it mandatory to switch on all of them? Would it do any harm even if I switch them on all.

Appreciate all the inputs

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to use the DCD functionality, you will need to activate all of the business function sets

If you just want Credit limit case types - you wont need all of them.

As mentioned if you are using PI, then you dont need all of them - however if you are using WS-RM then again you will need them all.

What enhancement package version are you on, as you may need to activate additional BC sets for the DCD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks very much all of you for your valuable input.

Let me elaborate/clarify a bit.

We plan to use only the Credit Management now.

Another question is even if we activate these business functions will it harm us? I believe we cannot back out once they are activated.

Am I correct?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are correct to say once a business function set has been activated you cannot deactivate it/ them.

In terms of "harming" your system - no one can tell you without reviewing your system set up.

The key thing to remember with SAP FSCM Credit Management is that if you activate it, the traditional Credit Management does not work anymore.

tedkwon
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you define 'harm' as unexpected effect or side effect on SD logistic side by FSCM activation,

I would like to recommend you to pilot test in sandbox server with SD for full FSCM activation scenario.

(I also did this activities in previous project. Logistics was so feared and troubled by FSCM based credit controlling)

Generally speaking, FSCM activation means more available functionality.

However it could affect SD logistic process differently, depending on your system complexities.

Best regards,

Ted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ted and Mark.

Let me elaborate our scenario. We are having FSCM in another instance and our SD system is in another instance. Now we are in the process of activation of these business functions in SD instance. Correct me if my understanding is wrong. Even if I activate Business functions in my SD instance unless and until I activate BADis for FSCM I can still have traditional credit management right?

In other words for FSCM to be active I will need a) Business Function Switch b) BADis to be activated.

Is that correct?

tedkwon
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Buddy,

You are already close the solution by yourself.

If FSCM and SD are located in different instance,

it means that FSCM-ABAP code has  been immune to SD-ABAP code.

(please double check this point to your BASIS)

Even for different system landscapes for FSCM and SD,

FSCM activation is also required to SD side.

=> you are alright !

In case you activate 'Business functions' in my SD instance and not activate BADis for FSCM yet, traditional credit management is still working.

=> you are alright !

Precondition for FSCM to be active;

a) Business Function Switch

b) BADI to be activated 

=> this action wholly control 'old vs new credit model' to be applied

(you can easily find screen & fields change for tx:OVA8)

c) WS-RM connection(web service ) or other alternatives

FSCM sometime means a series of trial and error and require architectural approach, not just functional understanding.

So simple !

Best regards,

Ted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ted for your clarification.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ted

I missed one point though.

Since these business functions also have Collection and Dispute management which we don't plan to use I hope activation of these BFs won't necessarily activate these modules in our system.

Is that a true statement?

Former Member
0 Kudos

you dont activate Collections and Dispute via the Business Function Set

This is done via config.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

tedkwon
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Generally we activate all functions as each of them is related to specific functionality in FSCM.

However, you can reduce your scope depending on business requirements.

SAP help could be good source for your understanding also refer to screen shot...

FIN_FSCM_CCD

FIN_FSCM_CCD2

FIN_FSCM_CCD_3

FIN_FSCM_CCD_INTEGRATION

FIN_FSCM_CCD_INTEGRATION_2

Best regards,

TED

ankur_kabir
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes. For full FSCM CR, you need to activate them.  Are you going to use WS-RM services?