cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori leave request error "Could not start the app due to an internal error"

0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm getting this error "Could not start the app due to an internal error" when accessing leave request application.

I don't get this error when I login and launch the app for the first time. when I go back to the home screen and select "My Leave Requests" app again, I get this error.

If I close the error message and do a browser refresh, everything is fine again for the first time, if I access the LR app again- same error .

Other apps are working fine.

I don't see any error in gateway or App logs.

below is the Request URI

/sap/opu/odata/UI2/INTEROP/ResolveLink?linkId=%27LeaveRequest-createLeaveRequest%27&shellType=%27FLP%27&formFactor=%27desktop%27

Service call info

Anyone with similar issue? any SAP notes?

we are on

UI2_731        100    0009    SAPK-10009INUI2731        SAP UI2 IMPL. FOR NW 7.31

UI2_FND        100    0009    SAPK-10009INUI2FND        SAP UI2 FOUNDATION

UI2_SRVC    100    0009    SAPK-10009INUI2SRVC        SAP UI INTEGRATION SERVICES

UI5_731        100    0009    SAPK-10009INUI5731        SAP UI5 TEAM PROVIDER ON 731

UISAPUI5    100    0009    SAPK-10009INUISAPUI5    SAP UI5

UI_INFRA    100    0009    SAPK-10009INUIINFRA        SAP UI INTEGRATION INFRASTRUCTURE

UIX01HCM    100    0003    SAPK-10003INUIX01HCM    UI for HCM Application

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Implement the note 2090674.

Best Regards,

Sunil B N

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

Please upload the response data of ResolveLink.

>below is the Request URI

>/sap/opu/odata/UI2/INTEROP/ResolveLink?linkId=%27LeaveRequest->createLeaveRequest%27&shellType=%27FLP%27&formFactor=%27desktop%27

Regards, Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

lukasz_grochal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Masa,

I'm following up on Erin's post above related to the Timesheet app. In our case the ResolveLink request is /sap/opu/odata/UI2/INTEROP/ResolveLink?linkId=%27TimeEntry-createTimeEntry%27&shellType=%27FLP%27&formFactor=%27desktop%27

The response is as shown in the screenshot below:

The app could be started in the past but after upgrading the HCM UI component to SP5 and additional notes to solve other issues it just won't open anymore.

Thanks,

Lukasz

0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

I've inserted below.

Thanks,

Phani

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

It means ResolveLink did not return any data and could not launch the app. Return data should be like the screenshot Lukasz posted.

Please upload the screenshots of tile setting and LPD_CUST entry.

Regards, Masa

0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

We have required SAP notes now, we are on version 1.22.5.

It is still the same, working the first time I access the App, but subsequent access wont work until i refresh browser.

I've include the response and lpd/tile screens.

Thanks,

Phani

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

Could you explain more detail of the issue?

>working the first time I access the App, but subsequent access wont work until i refresh browser.

When do you get "Could not start the app due to internal error"?

Regards, Masa

pankaj_bisht
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lukasz,

The update of SP should not have created any issues.

Could you please implement the latest notes below as well and then check.

If this also does not work then please open an OSS ticket and we would check the system.

2061764 4 41 Fiori My Timesheet(UI Launchpad): Corrections on top of SP03

2064966 1 41 My Timesheet(ODATA) : Adding Pernr as an import parameter for the WorkCalendar

Best Regards

Pankaj

lukasz_grochal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Pankaj,

Latest versions of both notes have been implemented. The main issue was with some SAPUI5 notes missing, resulting in the application not being able to launch. That issue has been resolved. However, there is a different issue now within the My Timesheet app. When we try to create new time entries, the app displays a busy dialog (spinner) and freezes as shown in the screenshot below. There are no errors in the console and network requests for profile fields and the worklist are successful. It looks like the busy dialog simply doesn't get closed.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Lukasz,

Please share which notes were missing.

Regards, Masa

pankaj_bisht
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lukasz,

Did you clear the browser cache after implementing the note?

If you have already and do not find any error in console please create an OSS ticket and we will look into the issue.

Best Regards

Pankaj

lukasz_grochal
Participant
0 Kudos

Those were a few OSS notes from your original post. Apparently they got overlooked but once applied, the app could be started.

lukasz_grochal
Participant
0 Kudos

Cleared the browser cache as well as ran the CACHE_CLEANUP transactions in the Gateway server and ECC. We'll do some more research to see if there might be any additional OSS notes missing. If not, then we'll open an OSS ticket.

Thanks,

Lukasz

0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

sorry for delayed response.

when I login for the first time and access the leave request app, I don't get this error.

when I go back to the home screen and try to launch the leave request app again, I get this error .

I have to close the error message and refresh the browser to access the app.

After refresh It will work for the first time I click it, and throw this eror message if I click on the app/tile again.

Thanks,

Phani

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

Please test this.

1. delete your custom LPD_CUST entry and custom tile. Test with only SAP standard delivery

2. Double check notes and clearing cache.SAP Fiori - UI Add-on SP09 update troubleshooting.

If it does not help, create an incident ticket. http://service.sap.com/incident.

Regards, Masa

erin_mogg
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

We're also experiencing this issue - however, we're experiencing this only on the My Timesheet Tile. We've followed all of the steps/implemented in the link that Masa has posted.   But, we're still unable to enter the app.

Have you resolved the issue?

0 Kudos

Hi Erin,

not yet , waiting on our basis team to apply notes.

Thanks,

Phani

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

Please take a look SAP Fiori - UI Add-on SP09 update troubleshooting.

Regards, Masa