cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to apply EPM local members to several row axis in BPC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a file with two row axis: ACCOUNT and COCODE. Presently, they are both showing ID only. I would like to add a local member to each row axis which will display =EPMMemberDesc(xyz). This will show description and ID in separate columns. However, I cannot seem to get it right. I would like the following:

Column A: ACCOUNT ID ... row axis

Column B: =EPMMemberDesc(xyz) ... local member

Column C: COCODE ID ... row axis

Column 😧 =EPMMemberDesc(xyz) ... local member   

Column E: beginning of data

Would anyone know how to achieve this?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

you will need 2 different local members and attached each one to dim member, for example create a local member for "account desc" and attach it "account" dim member, I believe you also have option of displaying it before  or after the attached member.

Hope it helps

Thanks

Farrukh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Farrukh,

Unfortunately I had tried that previously and it does not give me the desired result. Currently I have Account first and Company Code second. I made a local member to INSERT AFTER the DIMENSION: ACCOUNT and when I refresh it, there is no additional column.

Here is a picture of my local member, am I doing something wrong?

former_member210696
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

Believe this is not possible using standard EPM reporting. What is required here is to be able to insert a column between the two dimensions in the row axis which is not possible.

If you try using position in Axes while creating a local member, you want this to be  inserted at a position of -1 which is not possible . It will auto convert -1 to position 1 while generating the report.

There is a dirty solution (workaround) possible. But for that one of the two dimensions in the row axis to be static.  Here your description local member for first dimension will be placed in column C (Columns A and B for the two dimensions). Column B will then be hidden and two new columns D and E will be inserted. D will refer to column B (basicaly your second dimension) and in E you will put the local member for second dimension's description.

This is a fair and very basic reporting requirement but unfortunately not supported standard.

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

This is the solution we had come to, hiding the second row axis are making a local member to call it up. We were hoping there was another solution which did not require hiding but I suppose it isn't the end of the world. Thanks so much for your input!

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

if solved please close the thread assigning the "correct answer" and eventually also "helpful answers", so it can help in the future other users with same issue.

Regards

Roberto

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

reading the post of Ashish a question:

What is the business case why you want to have the description between two Dimensions?

You could easily work with "epmmemberproperty(;"...";"ID)&" - "&epmmemberdesc()"

Cheers

Johannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes,

My intention was to have the ID and DESC for each of my two row axis presented in separate columns. As was mentioned above by Ashish, I am unable to insert a local member between the row axis. Therefore, it seems the only solution is to hide one of the row axis and call it up with a local member after my first EPMMemberDesc.

Thanks for your time!

srshekars
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

Have you tried Id & Description when u create report instead of Id for the members of the Dimensions.

Sekhar SR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sekhar,

i have but we want to have ID and Description in two separate columns, not in the same cell.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

try to use insert at position option.

Thereby you can exactly define independently on used dimensions.

Hope this helps.

Johannes