Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO PPDS - interactive change of shelf life in planned order

ws
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I am working on a following issue regarding shelf life in planned orders in APO PPDS. The requirement is to be able to change interactively (manually) the shelf life date in planned orders.

Normally the shelf life data is maintained in product master data where from the system gets the shelf life into planned order when creating one.

In this example the production does produce much earlier before the requirement day and puts the produced quantities into storage location under certain minus temperature. Therefore they want to change the shelf life days in planned orders interactively, otherwise the system would get e.g. 50 days shelf life for the planned order as maintained in product master. I know that we have the option in production orders in SAP PP-PI. But I could not find by now any possibility for planned orders in APO PPDS.

Could anyone help? Is there any heuristic / algorithm or user exit that would allow to change the shelf life day in planned order in APO PPDS?

Thank you very much for any input.

best regards,

Wojtek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May be you can have look at heuristics SAP_PP_025 -propagate shelf life data. In this heuristics there is option to set shelf values according to requirement.

I do not think heuristics will meet your exact requirement as you want to change it interactively at each planned order level but heuristics will give you idea based on which you can have custom heuristics to change shelf life interactively may be function module /sapapo/om_order_modify may help you with this

Second option you can try with BADI /SAPAPO/RRP_SRC_EXIT method RRP_usex_plord_create

this is about technical side but I am still not very clear about business need to change shelf life date interactively for planned orders can you elaborate how producing early storing it below 50 resulting into  need of changing shelf life data

ws
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

thank you for responding. I did check already the heuristic SAP_PP_025, but it does not solve the issue.

I try to explain why the production needs to change the SL in planned orders. I can have requirements

to deliver on the 1.3.2015 certain product X.

1.3.2015 = delivery day

required min. shelf life on the delivery day is 50 days => till 21.4.2015

the planner has to pre-plan and chooses to produce the order for example with finish day 20.10.2014.  this would mean that the SL of 57 days as maintained in product master is valid only till 12.12.2014 => cannot cover the requirement on 1.3.15. Therefore the planner would change the SL in the planned order manually, from 12.12.2014 to 21.4.2015

in the current system (non-sap) the planner can overwrite the SL coming from product master directly in the order. the same as we can in SAP PP-PI in process order. Since we implement now SAP ECC and APO, I need to find a possibility to overwrite the SL manaully. This could be like going to product view and in the columns with shelf life change the fields so that I can interactively change their values.

I hope this helps to understand why the production need to adjust the days interactively. Based on the requirement day and when I really produce the order the planner adjusts the shelf life.

thanks again for input!

br,

Wojtek

ulrich_mast
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Wojtek,

I also know this requirement and we solved something similar for process orders where this additional information needed to be populated from ERP to APO.

The key is that you want to change the maximum shelf life date independent of the scheduled end
date of the order. So technically it´s not enough to change the order field SHLF_MAX (duration) of the output node in relation to the IO_END_TIME. You always need to set the shelf life buffer tables (shelf life characteristics) for an order with Method
/SAPAPO/CL_SHL_BUFFER=>SET before in order to get the changes correctly written into LC.

As mentioned before in an answer you can check in heuristic SAP_PP_025
(FM /SAPAPO/HEU_SHL_PROPAGATE) how such a call is normally executed.

Best regards,

Uli

Answers (0)