cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to rename (com.<company>) the portal content folder, iview, role.,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How can we rename the folder name, folder id, role, workset, page and iview properties to a new company(brand) name?

For example, if we have com.xyz in the folder id prefix, we need to rename as com.abc.

Basically this is required to change the brand name in the each level of the portal package. The end user should not see the old brand name in any of the content including view, url, etc.,

Please help! Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Senthil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi senthil,

Change id option in the pcd will resolve your requirement.you may also try to copy and paste the full folder and while copying it will provide you an option to change the id.

Regards

Nitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh,

Thanks for your response. We will apply this approach.

Regards,

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The transport to the higher environment is creating a new folder instead of updating the existing if we change the id.

i.e ..,It is is not updating the existing folder.

Could you please help how to fix this?

As mentioned earlier, our requirement is to rename the folder, role, iView prefix id from com.<xxx> to com.<yyy>.

The top folder has all the applications portal content.

Thanks inadvance!

Regards,

Senthil

0 Kudos

Hi,

Changing the ID of a PCD object is not like changing an attribute.

As the PCD is a JNDI provider, the name of the object is its unique identifier, and changing it conceptually means deleting it, and creating a new one.

One of the obvious ways to solve the issue in your case is to change the prefix once in each system.

However, in newer versions of the portal (like 7.3 and above), there is an option of change recording, that can be used:

Managing Change Recording in the Portal - Portal - SAP Library

Unlike in older versions where deletions and "change IDs" couldn't be transferred, this feature enables to transfer also such operations on the content.

All the above is correct as long as you are not trying to change content which is provided by SAP.

Content provided by SAP, that starts with the "com.sap." prefix must not be changed.

Thanks & regards,

Michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michal for your detailed explanation!

Now i can perform it for each client.

One more query, Will the further changes to the property of the iview or new creation of objects be transported to the same portal package in the target system?

Regards,

Senrthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are getting the below error after changing the prefix id.

We are not able to login to the portal at all.

It is displaying the below role in NWA,

Trying to access a role that doesn't exist ROLE.PCD_ROLE_PERSISTENCE.Qln7yP/VePpeBaWwpxPNhdPk9nU=

com.sap.security.portal.service.usermanagement.[cf=com.sapportals.portal.prt.service.usermanagement.persistence.pcd.GLRolePersistence][md=populatePrincipalDatabag][cl=171406]

Thanks.

Regards,

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil

Maybe try to access, and change, via PCD Inspector.

http://<SERVER>:<port>/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.portal.pcd.admintools.pcd_inspector.de...

It have worked for me in several occations;-)

Kr Michael

0 Kudos

Hi,

Regarding transport of property changes, and new objects created, as long as you include the objects in the package, they will be transported (this is true as long as you don't filter out content via special prefixes - you can read all about it in the formal documentation).

Regarding the error you got, it means that the objects with the old prefix no longer exist, however they are in use by the portal. All the places that use the old content ID, should be changed as well.

Such places are: Rule editor – you must make sure that there is no rule that contains the old URL ID; UME – role assignment – make sure that the old role paths are replaced with the new ones.

You also must clear all the relevant caches, such as the navigation cache and PCD cache.

Thanks & regards,

Michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input Michael T. Scmidt and Michal.

I have changed the Rule Collection and it has worked. I thought that the object name in rule will also be updated as like Role and other object and it did not.

One more query,

Is there any way in portal to hide the url showing in the mouse over from the end user perspective?

i.e the navigation need to be hided,

com.xxxx/com.xxxx.keyuserrole/com.xxxx.view

At least in our portal, it looks like the change id need to be done for each level, i.e role, page, view to have new brand/organisation name. We can not do it in one shot as a bulk since there are naming with the standard sap.com in the package.

We are exploring the other possibility without doing the change manually in each level.

Appreciate your help!

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Senthil

bharanidharan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Did you find any working approach that helped you in changing the id for all the portal objects ?

Please reply to my post as well.

Regards,

Bharanidharan S P M

saar_dagan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Also, note that if you use prefix for ID's then you can just change the prefix and leave component name as it is.

BR,

Saar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Will there be any impact if we change the id and name during the transport?

I mean will it work if we transport to higher environment after the id/prefix change?

Thanks.

Regards,

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

You can use the "Change ID" option of the PCD object to change the object name, object id and object id  prefix.

Please find below the screenshot for the same:

BR,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anurag!

I will try with that option and update.

Regards,

Senthil