Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return Sales order - update of Item category change

gunda_rajesh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

We are creating the Return Sales order with respective original sales order.

After copying the line item details in to return sales order, we are not able to change item category to another.  Since item category is in display mode(grayed out).

We tried with

1.Transaction varant, it is not helpful.

2.Maintained the item category which is required in item category determination(Manual entries)

Though we are able to change the item catgory in the sales order through some user exit, price condition are in active status. we are doing price update, but still condition types are still in-active.

Please help, how to change the item cateogry and to redetermine the price based on the item category in sales order.

Thanks & Regards,

Rajesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

'how to change the item category and to re-determine the price based on the item category in sales order'

- to change item category, specify target sales item category (item category proposal) at item level in copy control

- to re-determine price, specify pricing type at item level in copy control

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

gunda,

I tested creating a return order with reference to a billing document. In the RE order, the item category was not greyed out. I could change it.

Check in table T184 with sales document type of RE. What are the item categories for that item category group (coming from MMR).

TW

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

gunda,

The main issue is that prices are inactive. To make these active you want to change the item category in the return order. Confirm this.

Why are prices in active? Check the item category configuration in VOV7, field pricing. what is the value?

TW

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear TW Sir

May i know the business logic where we want to change item category in returns

because once we sent Stock to one same stock we will receive what is the need to change in returns

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

venu,

Good question!

Suppose for a particular return, you don't want to give money back to customer. In this case, in the creation of return order, the user will change the default item category.

In this new item category, Billing relevance = blank.

Thus for this return, there will be RE order > RE delivery (and no credit memo step).

Typewriter

former_member182805
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Then how do you settle it with the customer? He has still paid for the original materials and has returned some or all of them. He is still going to be invoiced for the full quantity. There should be some way to either replace the materials or give him a credit memo

but coming to Gunda's query, the only way I see to map this is to create a different order type ZRE which is a copy of RE and item category ZREN which is a copy of REN. In ZREN, turn on Pricing. Maintain copy controls from OR to ZRE and keep the pricing condition type Manual. Then whenever the business decides not to give the customer a refund, go to the item conditions, set the pricing condition value to 0 and save the order

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Gunda

Really i have not thought like Lakshmipathi sir ,, please share me what is the need to change item cat in return process ,,,

Sorry lakshimipathi sir ,, i have not Observed

Thanks  a lot 

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
We are creating the Return Sales order with respective original sales order

Why ??

Ideally, return orders should be created with reference to billing document.

G. Lakshmipathi