Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP + ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I did ABAP certification, I want to know which course i can do now so that i can get job with good package.

Currently i am doing Internship on ABAP programming.

regards,

NarsiReddy.

10 REPLIES 10

NithinBacholla
Explorer
0 Kudos

hi narsireddy,

i want to do ABAP certification, plase provide me Guidance how to Start .

0 Kudos

Hi Nithin,

First i have done Introduction to ABAP and Advanced ABAP courses from XXXXXXXXX, this is online course and you will gain very very very good practical knowledge by working on SAP system. But this is avaible only for students of some countries(Europe Union), Course fee is 450 Euros for each module.

Then i took SAP Certification.

<<Suspicious and possibly unauthorized link removed by Moderator>>

regards,

NarsiReddy.

Message was edited by: kishan P

former_member183425
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

you did SAP abap certification, it does not mean that you know every thing, you should have to have good Idea in Business process, and you are telling that you are already doing internship, then you will come to know many things which you do not know while doing ABAP.

I suggest you to have pretty much knowledge in ABAP, then you try to learn WORKFLOW, or HR abap, which are add on to your ABAP..

Never think about the package and other stuff, if you are worth enough you will be given.

Regards,

G S Ramanjaneyulu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

if you have done certification in abap means you have learn only 20%

if you are doing intership which means you have learn 30%

while working with all business process you can learn rest of things i:e 50%

you have know all function modules and there related tables from which table you are going to get data these all thing require minimum 2 yrs time then you can dig more into abap bcaz abap there are many things to learn

webdynpro badis bapi workflow smartforms enhancements

concentrate on work not on salary bcaz if you take 10 yrs to earn 100 in eleven year only you can earn 300 Rs just example

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narsireddy,

You have done a certification and you are doing internship on ABAP programming.  Get a good job in SAP ABAP programming once your finish your internship.

SAP ABAP programming itself vast, so learn this programming and get a job in same company where you do internship or get a job outside with your internship experience.

It's purely depends on company where you join because good consulting companies pay their consultants very good.

Regards

GGOPII

former_member187748
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cheruku,

if you are asking to others about your perspective without giving details about your background , your expertise and your interest , i don't think you will get any fruitful suggestion.

As an abaper i have gone through various verticals and feels that people are not feeling comfortable by doing codings. So, i will suggest you to please explain some more about your backgrounds.

With SAP ABAP  there are many associated modules like Workflow, UI5, Webdynpro, HANA, etc

which you can take into consideration, but the main thing is to have prior industry exposure (means you should have knowledge of real world business processes that are mapped in SAP).

So, please clarify that you likes coding or not and what is your academics backgrounds.

0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev Kumar,

I am doing Masters in Electrical and Information Technology in Germany, Meanwhile i have done SAP ABAP courses from other university in Germany.

From 6 months i am doing Internship in 'ABAP development for SAP SD'. Next 6 months i will do my Master Thesis which also in ABAP in same company PWC.

I have some interset in programming(Got interest only after doing ABAP course).

I heard from some persons that if i have knowledge in some other modules along with ABAP it is easy to get job.

So, please give me your suggestion.

Thanks & regards,

Narsireddy.

0 Kudos

Hi Cheruku,

In SAP there are basically two types of streams one is called Technical and the other are known as Functional. In technical side we have modules like ABAP, Workflow, Webdynpro, UI5 , HANA, etc .All of these requires coding, (one more technical module is basis which is used for administration purpose).

On the other hand SAP have a lots of functional modules associated with it, some of them are Sales and Distribution (SD), Material Management (FI), Financial / Controlling (FI/ CO).

ABAP is used to fulfill the gap between standard SAP and business process of specific scenario. As Standard SAP has some gereral Process involved into it, but there are some differences in each companies and other organisations in terms of operations and proceedings, so an abaper has to develop customised programs according to the business requirements. So, if you have domain experience of some more module , then it will surely help you in understanding the details of business

processes, so you should have some extent of functional module knowledge.

Again if you are talking solely about the technical stream apart from ABAP, then you can switch towards HANA or UI5 , which has a very good future ahead.

Can you please brief some more points , which you want to know.

Regards

Sanjeev kumar

0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev Kumar,

Thanks  a lot for your reply,

I do have knowledge of Web Dynpro. Which i did during my course.

Even if go on to HANA or UI5 its better to have knowledge of one or other functional module, is it right?

regards,

Narsireddy.

0 Kudos

Hi Cheruku,

please understand that many modules are interrelated at some extent, so if you will have distinct domain knowledge of other modules, then surely you will reach your goal as an developer easily.

Regards

Sanjeev kumar