cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading SAP CRM Order details from R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a requirement where in I need to read the data of a CRM Sales order from R/3 by referring to/ with the help of LIPS-VGBEL( reference document ).

For this I have created a RFC FM and I'm able to read the required data successfully however this is not advisable as it is creating some issues since we have huge amount of records in R/3 for which we need corresponding data from SAP CRM hence my idea is to read the corresponding bdoc's

( because the CRM data must have been pushed to R/3 via middleware using the BDOC's ? ).

Hence can anyone suggest me how to read the BDOC's/ middleware data in R/3 itself so that it is not required to use RFC.

Also, if anyone of you has any other idea then please share with me. Thank you.

Regards

Anil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mrkarthi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

If the replication is happening from CRM to ECC system, You shall use the BADI -CRM_DATAEXCHG_BADI which is called during the replication. The methods CRM_DATAEXCH_AFTER_BAPI_FILL or CRM_DATAEXCH_AFTER_MBDOC_FILL will be useful to capture the data you need.

I don't understand what you mentioned as "corresponding data" based on which you need to create the sales orders in CRM.

Regards,

Karthi M R.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthi

Thank you so much for the reply.

I have already checked this BADI however there is an issue here.

We have actually developed a custom report with some selection screen and running this report( we are developing an interface here... ) in which , depending on the selection screen values we retrieve the data from LIKP,LIPS tables and also some of the fields from CRM Sales order( this is where we have the current issue..) and send it to ( via proxy structure ) SAP PI which in turn creates a file with huge data.

So in this case we can't use BADI.

Hope it is clear now. If you need further details on the same,please let me know.

Thank you.

Regards

Anil

mrkarthi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

If it is possible, develop a Z program and schedule it background to get the values periodically from ECC tables and update it in a Z table. The same way, you can use the ORDER_SAVE badi to update the values in another Z table whenever a sales order is created. So whenever you run the custom report, you can use these Z tables to prepare the data.

If ORDER_SAVE badi is used, hopefully it will reduce the load in the CRM system..

Regards,

Karthi M R.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Karthi

That means, whenever the bdoc triggers and the data comes into R/3 then we need to save them into a Z table by capturing the data in the BADI "CRM_DATAEXCHG_BADI "? am I correct ? so that we can refer to this Z table for the CRM data in R/3 while executing our interface report to PI ?

I think this might not be accepted by the client because this will unnecessarily stores the data all the time in the Z table whenever bdoc triggers and it is also not mandatory to send each and every record to PI, there might be only few records can be sent to PI and few are not.

However I'll check this with client now. Also are there any tables or so where the bdoc data( the data comes from CRM) gets stored in the R/3 system so that we can get the data from those tables instead of storing in Z table and reading from there ?

Thank you.

Regards

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone help me on this ? Thank you.

Anil