cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Spool help please

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to print a number of invoices (which are normally treated as individual spool requests). I want to combine them and e-mail them in a PDF file. I have set the print job to allow appending and then I use a Batchman program in the next step to convert the spool to PDF and e-mail it (I need one PDF containing multiple invoices). The print job sends the output to a null printer as the print output isn't needed as such. The print immediately flag is set, but the job in SP01 has a status of '-' so it is not getting processed. As a result of this the spool job does not get marked as complete and the next day the output is appended to it and the PDF just gets bigger and bigger. Is there a way to set the 'Completed, No longer possible to add to' flag from a program or utility, but not by manual intervention? Any idea why the print is not processed? Any help would be very gratefully received, but I think I'm going to need a program to mark the spool job as complete. Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Howard,

why don't you set the time for automatic delete to one day or even a couple hours?

I think you can do it with a small report, which is planned in background or even you do some lines in the driver-program to handle your special case.

~Florian