Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Career Advise - Learning SAP MM with 20+ domain experience

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just started learning SAP MM. I have over 20 years of domain experience in Materials, Purchasing and sales' am comfortable with the functional side of these domains. Can you guys suggest   a learning strategy to follow to maximize the time and effort. I feel that I read/study the free material available at various websites,watch the free videos and then attend a training facility and practice the configuration in IDES. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Message was edited by: Colleen Lee - updated title to something more meaningful

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mam,  since you are an expert in the domain knowledge, i would suggest,

1) co-relate the physical process with corresponding activity in SAP.

2) Understand the process flow in SAP with respect to T codes - eg :

tcode for RFQ - Tcode for creating PO - T code for GRN etc

I believe, once you are familiar with SAP activity wrt physical process, you can explore and improvise yourself.

Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subba,

Follow this method:

1. Plan your study and practice time.

2. Buy SAP MM book and read 10 times

3. Download SAP Best Practices (take US country version) from SAP Website and configure step by step each SAP MM business process in SAP IDES system.

4. Follow each discussion (these are real time scenario) in SAP SCN MM forums.

5. Allow time everyday 2 to 3 hours for 3 months.

6. Be committed and be patience.

7. After you are very comfortable on SAP MM business processes and give one interview and check what is your technical ability and other pros and cons to review again your progress.

Best of luck.

Regards

GGOPII