Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically change datasource for several workbooks

former_member267674
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

is there any possibility to change the data source (source system) of several workbooks at once? We have several BW systems with lots of queries with only one test BO Machine. Each BW system has the queries, but with different data (for example for tests of large projects).

Example:

BW-Query Q123 on BW systems BW1, BW2 and BW3 (transported with BW-Transport)

Analysis-Workbook W123 with connection to Q123 on BW1 on BO System BO1 (transported with the promotion management from development system)

This Workbook has to be copied to:

W123-2 with connection to Q123 on BW2 on BO System BO1

W123-3 with connection to Q123 on BW3 on BO System BO1

We know that we can make a copy of the query and change the data source manually, but for let's say 50 workbooks or even more that's too much effort (as it has to be done several times if there are new versions).

Thanks,

Florian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

did I get you right, you like to exchange the datasource name (within a workbook in my case Workbookname is Test_1)like in my (figure) example ReportDistributor_Q001?

Or do you like to copy the workbook( Excel) in DEV ( Test_1) to quality system as Test_2 (including the same datasource

Or do you like to change both , Workbookname ( Test_1 => Test_2) and name of datasource(ReportDistributor_Q001 =>ReportDistributor_Q001_2) ?

Just let me know what option you are looking for

Jörg Böke

former_member267674
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Jörg,

Or do you like to change both , Workbookname ( Test_1 => Test_2) and name of datasource(ReportDistributor_Q001 =>ReportDistributor_Q001_2) ?

That's it. In detail we just want to change the source system of a data source (e.g. ReportDistributor_Q001 with source system BW1 to ReportDistributor_Q001 with source system BW2). Both source systems were created on BO in CMC.

But we also can live with a manual creation of a copy of a report (as it's not that time consuming and we can make it on BO in CMC) and afterwards changing the data source / source system.

Thanks,

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

No problem,

I was just asking because I am just creating an Add-On tool for Analysis Office (.Net tool) to read workbooks, refresh and save it back or to distribute its data as CSV, PDF or XLS to file or Email recepients (similar to SAP Broadcaster) .

If there would be a need for automatic renaming, that would have been a nice option but you do it manually.... No need for me for enhancements

Jörg Böke