Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rant: Thread hidden, because --> Rules of Engagement

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello folks,

so, my thread concerning the problematic OSS-form has been hidden from public (again), but this time even without giving me a dedicated reason for it

"Your content "Re: Support Message Form: What does it look like from SAP's perspective?" has been rejected by an SCN moderator and is no longer visible in the community. Please see the Rules of Engagement for more information on why content is rejected."

I merely wanted to ask if anybody here (maybe a MOD with access to the VIP section?) can elaborate on why the thread has been hidden more detailed than "somebody found it offending".

Thanks in Advance and Congratulations to whomever it may concern for shooting your own foot by hiding this controversial yet perfectly meaningful discussion.

Cheers, Lukas (Rage-Mode = ON)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note that things are also automatically hidden sometimes.

My rant about bypassing 1st level support is still there, so it is not a systematic sensorship - if that helps the blood pressure... 🙂

Cheers,

Julius

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

True, I remember that happened for me once before. But if that really is the case here, the Notification Message saying "rejected by an SCN Moderator" is fallacious.

Cheers, Lukas

P.S. Blood pressure now slightly lower

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the discussion is still there:

It is a reply which got rejected. I have no knowledge what the reply had nor why it is gone.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The plot thickens and focus is now on what Lukas said which is hidden...

This is one for the fail army... 😉

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then somebody stealthily released it for public view within the last 15 minutes. Before that there were "no visible messages in this thread". Concerning the rejected reply, that was a seperate issue which was perfectly comprehensible and in compliance with another MOD and me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

But your link above goes to the message, not the thread.

We definately also want to know what it is that you had writen. Must have.. 😉

Cheers,

Julius

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm afraid it's not, JB -_-. One term in one of my replies offended somebody and the reply was hidden (some weeks ago), that was perfectly OK, at the same time the thread was also hidden ("by accident") and shortly after set back to public view.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Link does go to the thread, the mesage it's linked to = the thread (IMHO). If you want to know what I wrote a few weeks ago, follow me and I'll PM you. Otherwise this thread here might be hidden as well -.-

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't how this link between thread and reply is technically done, but the rejection has this URL to the reply

_http://scn.sap.com/message/15108504#15108504

while the thread has that URL

_http://scn.sap.com/thread/3562841

The link in the initial post to this thread is definitely the rejection of the reply, you see it as well at the RE:  in the beginning. 

Maybe you just got a second message for the rejection because a moderator had to reject the rejected part again. Sounds silly (it is anyway the coffee corner) but a moderator note and  the comments to a moderator alert cannot be seen by moderators after a decision is taken. The only way to make these notes visible again is a second abuse report and this new abuse report requires again a decision.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for explaining, Jürgen, now it's understandable for me what might have happened process-wise. Now I also get the technical difference in the URL between Thread and Opening Post (confused it for the same thing) and, lastly, of course it's also conjecturable why my opening post was reported. Maybe I should revert to using only words from Consultant-Bingo-Templates for doing the needful and increasing the positive user experience so nobody feels offended anymore. Then again, I probably won't.

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

Thank you for direct mailing me the step-by-step procedure to become a SAP consulting expert in just 5 months. It looks very easy and it works already...

Thank you for doing the needful!

Julius 😉

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

please awrad Ponits if useful.

Cheers, Lukas

P.S. Sorry, couldn't resist you furninishing me that perfect fit occassion 😕

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe someone thought it was a direct attack on a developer named Statler in Walldorf.

Otherwise  I can't for the life of me understand what if anything offended anyone other than someone inadvertently pressing the "notify moderator" button (twice) and someone (not thinking) accepting the abuse in the queue.

Now I am also curious about what triggered this mysterious event.

Wish we had better audit tools so that we could easily determine that.

M.