cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Req approved mails are not triggering to SOST

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

In travel request workflow and travel expenses workflow, when manager approved the requests, employee should receive notification mails like "Your Travel Request XXXX approved".

We are using SOST to check notifications because Outlook configuration not yet done.

I am using RSWUWFML2 to trigger the mails, it is working fine to send mails to managers but not working for employees.

I executed RSWUWFML2 with the specific task TS20000095, but no use. Could you please help me on this.

Thank You.

Regards,

Pavan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Could you please provide any clues, find the screenshot.

Regards,

Pavan.

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan

Please provide the screen shot of the step history and all the container elements (container tab)

Also, have you ensured that all filters are selected from SOST -> Tab Send Status (all filters) + Further Button and then select both entries?

Regards,

Modak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Modak,

Yes, all filters are selected in SOST, but no use, and please find the screenshot of workflow log.

Regards,

Pavan.

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan

What are you passing in Address String..... I see that the Type ID is B? Normally, it is 'U' - Email ID or 'G' - Org Object (where the Address sting would hold data in format of structure SWHACTOR..... OTYPE will be US for user, S for Position...and so on and OBJID would be the actual ID)

Why have we selected it as a B?

regards,

Modak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Modak,

Step is a Background step, I haven't changed any thing in that. In that task, SELFITEM -> SENDTASKDESCRIPTION method used.

Regards,

Pavan.

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan

that still does not answers my question!

What is going in Address string?

Please expand the table AddressStrings table in the container (technical log) so that we can see it.

Also, give a screen shot of the binding between the step and the task.

regards,

Modak

PS: if the address string has a personnel number, then is the communication infotype maintained for email? 0105?

Regards,

Modak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Modak,

Find the address String screen shot and binding screen shots below.

Binding between Step and task

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan

"HGURRAMPATI" is the username (TRIP.EMPLOYEE.USER.ID).

use TRIP.EMPLOYEE.USER.NameWithLeadingUS

As mentioned earlier, the address string should have a 'US' for usernames.

Also, set TYPEID as 'G' - org object.

make sure that the email address is maintained for this user in Usermaster record with communication type as INT (SU01) OR the communication infotype for this employee has the email subtype.

With the above, still a notification will go to the user's SAP Inbox, SBWP-> Documents.

If you want it to go to external email (as maintained in SU01 or Communication Infotype), then do the SO16 Settings -> SO16-> Tab Mail Sys Grp -> Select Send to user's home address.

This will make the workflow pick the email from user's SU01 settings or communication infotype and send it out.

Regards,

Modak

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

SO16 have to be done in every system and client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Modak, I will update you after completion of this.

Regards,

Pavan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Modak,

In the workflow TYPEID = B, it is the standard process, we can change it to G.

My doubt is, how can I add US to the user id element TRIP.EMPLOYEE.USER.ID. It is directly fetching the data from TRIP request. I am planning to create step type with a task and in that  a custom method in a BO and try to concatinate ''US' to user id. After that, I will pass this value to the ADDRESSSTRINGS element of the next task.

Could you please guide me is there any other good approach.

Thank You.

Regards,

Pavan.

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan

if you look at the definition of Type ID - You will not find B in there. G is the option to send to users......Pickup any workflow email step and select to send to WORKFLOW Initiator (that is the user ID with leading US), the mail step will use Type ID 'G' by default (your task also has the same BOand Method as in Standard email step).

So use type ID 'G'  without apprehension

Now, using TRIP.EMPLOYEE.USER.NameWithLeadingUS      does not needs any extra thing from your side, it is already available in your container.

In the binding editor (from Workflow to the email task) just expand TRIP object, then Expand EMPLOYEE Object, then USER Object , then drag attribute NAMEWithLeadingUS to the left of the editor which maps to Addressstring in the task. (remember to switch on the technical names in the binding editor to see these actual names instead of their data element description)

Regards,

Modak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Modak,

I am back

with my questions .
Address Strings is populating with US and TypeId as G. But no mails in SOST ...

Regards,

Pavan.

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan

Did you check what I had mentioned earlier???

.....make sure that the email address is maintained for this user in Usermaster record with communication type as INT (SU01) OR the communication infotype for this employee has the email subtype.

With the above, still a notification will go to the user's SAP Inbox, SBWP-> Documents.

If you want it to go to external email (as maintained in SU01 or Communication Infotype), then do the SO16 Settings -> SO16-> Tab Mail Sys Grp -> Select Send to user's home address.

This will make the workflow pick the email from user's SU01 settings or communication infotype and send it out.

SO16 have to be done in every system and client

Regards,

Modak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Modak,

Yes, email id is maintained for the user in SU01.

Yes, Notifications are going directly to SBWP.

Yes, in SO16, it is maintained as "send to home address of users". Correct me if I am wrong, with this SO16-> send to home address settings , we can trace the notification in SOST. right ?

Thanks for your valuable time and suggestions....

Regards,

Pavan.

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan

Yes!

When you send to Org Object (Type ID G) from the workflow, it sends to SAP Inbox

SO16 settings make it send to the "home Address" the (external) email address maintained in SU01/or HR Infotype.

All external emails can be seen in SOST - be it from workflows or from applications outside of workflows.

Regards,

Modak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Modak,

Still I am unable to see the mails in SOST, they are going to SBWP-inbox.

Regards,

Pavan.

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan

Where is the email address maintained?

can you give complete screen shots of email maintenance (su01 or hr infty)

screen shots of SO16 - mail sys grp tab (in one of the tabs, there is an option to refresh buffers - do perform a refresh and do a new test - old entries will not be affected)

screen shot of the container which shows the address strings and type ID

make sure all filters are selected in SOST

regards,

modak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Modak,

FInd the screen shots of SU01 and SO16 and workflow log for Address strings.

All filters are maintained in SOST.

In SO16, "send to home addrss of users" maintained.

Thanks Modak.

Regards,

Pavan.

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan

sorry for the late reply.... been tied up!

The Communication Method in SU01 (just below the email) has to be INT (internet).... this will tell the system to pick it up. Hope you have maintained SO16 !!!

regards,

Modak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Modak,

I attached so16 screenshot in the previous reply, please find it below also.

Here, the employee(initiator) will notified in 2 cases

1: when request rejected for changes, he will notified via a workitem to change the request

In this case, workitem is appearing in SOST

2. When request approved, he will notified via a notification mail.

Here, notification mail is not appearing in SOST.

In the above cases, single user notified, for his INT not is maintained in SU01 and I am unable to find INT(internet) option in that. you mean E-Mail instead of INT ?

Regards,

Pavan.

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Yes - Email is correct - If you had the keys listed it would have shown INT 😉

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Modak,

It is working now......

I have tested this for the perticular task from SWUS with all required inputs, now I can able to see the mail in SOST.

Thank you Modak for your kind support and your valuable time.

Regards,

Pavan.

I042439
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

cheers!    

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Change/Configuration Standard Mail Notification Content of Travel Request on ESS"

Scenario: -  Now I am getting this mail content:-

Hello ESS,

Your trip 0000000XXX  has been approved.

Best Regards,

MSS

Instead of this standard mail content I want to use my own content.

Note: Workflow for Travel Request is activated & I used sent mail step to send custom mail content, but custom mail content is not going to sent, instead of custom mail content, standard mail content was sent.

Please start your own thread

Message was edited by: Rick Bakker

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

"I am using RSWUWFML2 to trigger the mails, it is working fine to send mails to managers but not working for employees."

RSWUWFML2 is obsolete. You should use Extended Notifications instead.

Also, that program is not used to send mails informing employees of things being approved, it only alerts managers to the presence of workitems in their inbox.

regards

Rick