cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OrgChart. Printing result from Listing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nakisa experts!

I have question about Nakisa OrgChart 4.0 SP 1.

I uploaded a template for printing. I selected that template in Application wide Settings->Print/Export Preferences. This template works everywhere, but don't work at Listing:

Do you have any idea?

Thanks in advance.

--

Best Regards,

Denis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Denis/Stephen :

The behavior your are facing is normal. The OrgChart Application as 2 modes as you may call it - FLASH and HTML .

The printing wizard for listings is built ONLY in the HTML mode and we call it  'on the fly' printing. Try printing OrgUnit Profile/OrgUnit Analytic Profile from the actions menu in the OrgUnit details panel - you will see the same behavior.

The templates that you have configured and have made defauly ONLY apply to Printing and Export capabilities from the OrgChart(structure)  itself. There are no templates for the listings .

Thank you.

KARTHIK

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik.

So whilst you should be able to apply some text to the header in the preview there's no template you could modify to default that text.

If the logo is being picked up by default is that from the company logo setting then (in Application-Wide Settings > General Settings)?

Regards,

Stephen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Stephen ,

Yes - you can add text to the header which you will see immediately in the preview but one cannot predefine a template ( on the fly )

Yes - the logo is being picked up from the default setting for logos.

Thank you

KARTHIK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kartik.

Where can I find this HTML file on the server?

Is it real modify for automatically display the header?

Thank you.

Regards,

Denis

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Denis.

What Karthik is saying is that you can't set the header for the listing print option to contain any text by default.  You can only add text to it manually on the fly.  This is because it is not using a template to generate the print out.

The logo is not in fact coming from a template you have configured but a different high level more generic setting (see response above).

Regards,

Stephen.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Denis.

The template you amended is only for Chart exports.  Listings can only be exported to CSV/Excel - there is no template.

Regards,

Stephen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does it mean I will not be able automatically display text in Header?

At this moment I see logo in Header.

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CSV files are certainly text only so it shouldn't be possible to get a logo in there.

The XLS file that is produced isn't really an XLS file -> it's an HTML export, so that could theoretically get a logo in but I don't recall ever seeing one in a listing export even when the company logo has been set.

Ads far as I know they aren't using a formatting template because they should just be data exports and you even get to dynamically select between sets of fields to include on export.

Excel does support headers and footers.  However when I took a listings export, added an image to the header saved it to MHTML (single file HTML), then renamed that to .XLS (which I think broadly is what happens behind the scenes in OrgChart); the header image was then lost when the file was opened in Excel.

Was it the Excel export option on the listing that you used to get the logo in the header?  It is probably worth establishing how you got the logo into the header.  If there's an image there I guess there could also be a way to get some text in there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not talking about exporting to CSV or XLS. I'm talking about Print function:

I see logo, but don't see text in header:

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Denis - sorry ... you know I don't think I've ever clicked on the print option in Listings ... it makes much more sense now.

Interestingly I don't see any option to change the template being used like you do on the other ones.

On the left navigation in the print preview the second option down is Header & Footer.  Is that showing any text in your header text field?