SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRF+ for Utilities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have implemented BRF across multiple utility clients in North America for Collections Management and would like to use BRF+ for my next project. I would like to know if you have seen successful implementations of BRF+ in any geographies - A couple years ago my colleagues tried implementing it but their were lot of corrections pending to the tool ( at least 20 additional notes) to make it stable for Utilities.

If there are any successful implementation experiences - please share as they will help me in proposing the use of BRF+ to my team instead of BRF.

Regards,
Shweta

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Shweta:

There are quite a few North American utilities using brfplus for collections as well as for other aspects like DSM, product modeling, AMI and other applications.  ASUG would be a good place to get info about those customers and their uses of the tool.  Or they can comment.

Beyond that, SAP would not recommend anyone implementing BRF at this stage - it is an obsolete tool, still supported but no longer developed.  Any new implementation should be based only on brfplus and decision service management - tools which are significantly more robust and more user-friendly.  More can be found via the  

regards,

bill.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Shweta:

There are quite a few North American utilities using brfplus for collections as well as for other aspects like DSM, product modeling, AMI and other applications.  ASUG would be a good place to get info about those customers and their uses of the tool.  Or they can comment.

Beyond that, SAP would not recommend anyone implementing BRF at this stage - it is an obsolete tool, still supported but no longer developed.  Any new implementation should be based only on brfplus and decision service management - tools which are significantly more robust and more user-friendly.  More can be found via the  

regards,

bill.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

It is highly recommended that you utilize BRF+ for fresh implementation(s), as that is what SAP has been focusing on, and adding newer Collections Management functionality to . You can get invaluable information from the link below:

My experience thus far:

1. ECC 6, Ehp 5     - no Notes required.

2. ECC 6, Ehp 6     - 1 Note applied for break/fix.

3. ECC 6, Ehp 7     - no Notes required.

The stability really depends on the platform (Ehp/SP) you're on, and the various touch-points you wish to link your BRF+ Application to.