cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CATS Timesheet approval workitem not completing sometimes after approval/rejection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

standard task TS31000007 was copied into custom task and maintained in
CAC1 for CATS data entry profile for timesheet workflow approval.

Sometimes even after taking action on all the items in the workitem,
the workflow/workitem is not getting completed and removed from manager's inbox.

The reciever instance linkage remians in SWEINST. Seems CATS-COMPLETED
terminating event is not triggering properly for completing the
workitem. This happens sometimes only.

There are no dumps in the system for WF-BATCH user.

Is there any setting which can be miantained in SWEQADM for logging terinating events which are failed to deliver OR could complete the workitem so that later on it can redelivered from SWEQADM.

Kindly advise.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To be honest, I wouldn't be looking the solution from the event queue (SWEQADM) - unless you can clearly somehow find there some kind of indication that the event was triggered at the first place. Perhaps the there is a bug in the actual approval application, and it is not triggering the event as it should.

Regards,

Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is just single step task which is configured an gets triggered upon releasing the timesheet.

It gets completed by a terminating event. The terminating event is triggered by SAP standard code.

Regards,

Ibrahim

Former Member
0 Kudos

>The terminating event is triggered by SAP standard 

This was exactly my point. You might spend hours & days of investigating the task/workflow/event/event queue, but the reason behind might be that there is a bug in the standard code, and it is not triggering the event in some rare circumstances. I cannot help much in this, I just wanted to point out that you might be looking for your solution in a wrong place (task, WF-BATCH, event queue).

I've a feeling that I have seen something similar. This was years ago, so I cannot remember any details. I just remember that we might have put some kind of condition check in the CATS workflow, meaning that if the approval work item was not completed even all the time entries were approved/handled, we just completed the workflow (or the task) (never found the reason for the behavior).

Kind regards,

Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kerri.

Unfortunately i have not created a workflow template here for CATS timesheet because it involves lots of modifications in the SAP standard behaviour of CATS timesheet approval, so cannot complete workflow manually checking if everything got approved/rejected. It just single step task for my case.

Any ways i have raised an OSS message to SAP, let see what they suggest.

Regards,

Ibrahim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ibrahim,

I'm also facing the same issue

"

Sometimes even after taking action on all the items in the workitem,
the workflow/workitem is not getting completed and removed from manager's inbox. " ---

My issue is, the time sheet is still available after completion of the manager approval in the portal and the workitem status is READY. Did you received the reply from SAP? suggest me any SAP Notes.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Murali Krishna.