cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy System Error - No sapinst workdir retrieved yet. Therefore, no SAPInst log files were written and can be retrieved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am getting a strange error when performing a "Copy System" that I am unable to resolve. The error occurs during step "User Management". The step is supposed to start SAPinst and install the new users.

"No sapinst workdir retrieved yet. Therefore, no SAPinst log files were written and can be retrieved"

"LVM Error Host Agent Operation 'xxxxx' failed (OperationExecption. FaultCode: '127', Message: Command execution failed. ')"

I have checked the C:\temp\VCM_sapinst_PR\sapinst2014_09_10_09_48_28 folder and the only file there is the "inifile.xml".

The copy is based on vmware, the SAP systems are Windows 2008 R2 with MSSQL 2008. The host agent Version is 190 and the SAP kernel is 600.

Under "System and AS Provistion Configuration" I have enabled Provistioning type "System Copy" for release 7.X and Windows NT. The path is C:\INST\LVM_WIN_731\SPM and exist on all systems locally. The SWPM Version is SWPM10SP06_3-20009707.SAR.

The only thing I have found that kind of fits the error Message seems to be related to Linux/Unix:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/TechTSG/(ACC)+SAPControl+Fails+with+HTTP+401+Unauthorized+Error

Does anyone have an solution for this issue?

BR/

Stian

Added ASUI.log file from ./hostctrl/wok folder and a text file with the error.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

The problem was resolved by the OSS Message.

The problem was with the SAP Host Agent 720 patch 190. Quote from the OSS Message:

"Try downgrading to SAP Host Agent patch 189. The problem seems to be with duplicate parameters for the sapinst Call (exitOnError) wich was add by the LVM and since patch 190 is also added by the SAP Host Agent, end reexecute your process."

The issue should be resolved in a future patch for SAP LVM, but if you encounter this error before it has been released, then try to downgrade to 189 like i did.

Thanks to SAP Support v/ Jochen for resolving this issue.

Best Regards,

Stian Eiken

Answers (0)