Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IW 21 and acess rights

former_member334499
Participant
0 Kudos

Mates,

I have a question. As of now we are using tcodes iw21,22,23 to create,edit and view notifications of PM.

Current scenario is that  User who creates a notification via IW21  will only have th right to see it later via IW 23 and he will not be able to edit further even if needed.i.e he can use iw21 or 23 and create or display.

But i have a requirement like the user who create the notification need to edit his notification (i.e execute IW22)

untill the notification reaches a specific status...

how can this be done..can any help with the steps.

Regards

Bh

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can create 2 authorization profiles:

- One to create and display a notification;

- One  to change and display a notification

The activities for creating, changing and dysplaying a notifications should have different values, usually:

- 01 for creating

- 02 for changing

- 03 for displaying

So you need to find out the correct authorization object and create the profiles

Max

0 Kudos

Hi Max thanks for the prompt reply..But in my case there is a catch..user shouldnt be allowed to edit always...he is allowed only untill a specific status is not reached...for eg untill the notifcation status gets changed to progress status he will be allowed to edit his notification if it is in progress status he shuldnt be allowed to edit.

0 Kudos

I suppose a notification usually can be changed if the status allows the modifications, else it needs to check the authorization objects for the status.

You can also use the user-exit EXIT_SAPLIBER_001 in order to manage a your logic for authorization

Max

0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have an option of implicit Enhancement? If yes you could code it in

LIQS0F08

FORM check_authority_all .

Do a select to JEST table using viqmel-objnr.

check for the status and give error for your condition..

Regards

former_member306787
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should do a check with your logic when entering IW22 (in change mode).

A possible location could be enhancement QQMA0002 in FM EXIT_SAPLQAUT_001. This is the authorization check for Notifications.

Check the creator of the notif against the current user and deny access to this notif if not the same.

Good luck!

Best regards,

Zhou

amitkumar24
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use any of the exit/BAdI/BTE/enhancement point which gets triggered on IW22 and where you have status of Notification and Created by information available (otherwise you'll need to get it from database). Based on these two information you either allow user to proceed with the change or stop by giving error message.

One such point could be P/S BTE event  PM000010. It gets triggered on IW22. Its importing parameter VIQMEL_OLD will give you required information to base your logic.

-Best regards,

Amit