cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARQ: Default Role Provisioning Problem in Access Request???

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This Business Scenario is very common to have default role(s) assigned to a User at the back end system. So I have the same requirement. In achieving this, I followed below thread here:

I have also followed the note#1616092  for configuring the Default Roles.

I have performed below activities:

1. Param#2009 = YES

2. Param#2010 = 001

3. Param#2011 = REQUEST

4. Param#2013 = SYSTEM

5. Param#2038 = YES

6. Imported a test role and NO ROLE OWNER is maintained.

7.In NWBC->-AM->RM, I maintained a test role as a default.

Now when I raise a request, application is successfully adding the default role to the request. However, the problem I am facing is that, one Manager approves the request, it is getting failed.

The Audit Log says that, the STAGE is "Completed" but I could also see "No Agent Found, Cancelling path XYZ (in stage no. 002- GRAC_ROLEOWNER)

May I know what I am missing here? Why I am getting error and how can I resolve it?

Please advise.

Regards,

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

did you activate a routing rule for no role owner?

Rule ID: GRAC_MSMP_ROUTE_NO_ROLEOWNER

Regards,

Alessandro

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alessandor,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I did.

Still getting the same error. Please advise.

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

I think the role you've selected might not have any role owners. Try maintaining one role owner and check again.

Thanks

KH

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

it has also to work without role owner.

Did you have the routing rule enabled in the first stage (manager stage)?

Also check if the rule ID has the correct rule result (NO_ROLE_OWNER?).

Regards,

Alessandro

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alessandro,

I maintained a role owner for a role which I am selecting while raising a request. As I mentioned earlier, the default role is imported but no role owner was assigned.

Still facing the same error. May I know what I have missed?

Regards,

Faisal

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Faisal, check my other message below.

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Alessandro,

Yes, I gives appropriate rule result "NO_ROLE_OWNER".

Actually, I had enabled the routing (Rule ID: GRAC_MSMP_ROUTE_NO_ROLEOWNER) by clicking "Display Task Settings".

I had forgotten to click on "Modify" button for Manager Stage and again enable the routing here.

I am perplexed with this application behavior. Due to this only, though I had enabled the routing at Manager Stage, it was not in effect.

Later I realized and then made this settings by clicking on "Modify" button. Now it is working fine.

Thanks for your help

Regards,

Faisal

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

great to hear.

Thanks and regards,

Alessandro

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

How does this work for the existing users who already have default roles assigned to them.

Example: Existing user raises a access request by selecting different roles, will this request also contains default roles again without selecting ?

Regards,

Salman

FilipGRC
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Faisal,

default roles are being added by default to access request - and this roles are following your normal paths which I guess assumes manager and role owner. If the role does not have assignment owner - request is going to detour path.

Deafault roles can have separate path (in my case) where only supervisor is approving it.

It was design in way that initiator rule based on role crtivality is sending this rule to separate path without role owner.

If you do not have separate path - this role like any other will follow standard path you have.

Filip

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Filip,

default roles are being added by default to access request

Yes, these roles are added to the access request.

and this roles are following your normal paths which I guess assumes manager and role owner.

How such roles (not having role owner) will follow the normal path Manager->Role Owner if we are enabling routing (Rule ID: GRAC_MSMP_ROUTE_NO_ROLEOWNER) at manager stage level? Can you please help me understand this?

- request is going to detour path

Does it answer my question?

Deafault roles can have separate path (in my case) where only supervisor is approving it.

Instead of "GRAC_MSMP_ROUTE_NO_ROLEOWNER"  I believe we can have our own rule to have a separate path for such default roles based upon business requirement. Correct me, if required.

It was design in way that initiator rule based on role crtivality is sending this rule to separate path without role owner.

Again, I believe you have enabled your custom rule here to achieve your business requirement instead standard rule id.

If you do not have separate path - this role like any other will follow standard path you have.

Here, I had used a stage called "ZNO_STAGE_PATH" for routing the system line item, which does not have any owner. I used the same path ID for "GRAC_MSMP_ROUTE_NO_ROLEOWNER" Rule ID and it is working fine as of now.

My question is that, do you think if I don't use "ZNO_STAGE_PATH" as Path ID for "GRAC_MSMP_ROUTE_NO_ROLEOWNER" Rule ID, should it follow the standard Manager->Role Owner path and these default roles get approved and assigned automatically?

Then which Path ID should I use for "GRAC_MSMP_ROUTE_NO_ROLEOWNER" Rule ID, as it is mandatory?

Should I use my current path for New/Change Account where at Manager level this was routed due to non availability of role owner?

Please advise.

Regards,

Faisal

FilipGRC
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

sorry for late resposne I was away traveling.

default roles are being added by default to access request

Yes, these roles are added to the access request.

FN: OK

and this roles are following your normal paths which I guess assumes manager and role owner.

How such roles (not having role owner) will follow the normal path Manager->Role Owner if we are enabling routing (Rule ID: GRAC_MSMP_ROUTE_NO_ROLEOWNER) at manager stage level? Can you please help me understand this?

FN: OK If you enable routing it will go to routing path. I have understood your post as you put in question the behavior of default roles and my point was - they act exacly the same like regular roles.

- request is going to detour path

Does it answer my question?

FN: My point was default roles like all other will go to detur path (assuming you setup it globaly)

Instead of "GRAC_MSMP_ROUTE_NO_ROLEOWNER"  I believe we can have our own rule to have a separate path for such default roles based upon business requirement. Correct me, if required.

FN; correct

Again, I believe you have enabled your custom rule here to achieve your business requirement instead standard rule id.

correct

Here, I had used a stage called "ZNO_STAGE_PATH" for routing the system line item, which does not have any owner. I used the same path ID for "GRAC_MSMP_ROUTE_NO_ROLEOWNER"Rule ID and it is working fine as of now.

FN: good

My question is that, do you think if I don't use "ZNO_STAGE_PATH" as Path ID for "GRAC_MSMP_ROUTE_NO_ROLEOWNER" Rule ID, should it follow the standard Manager->Role Owner path and these default roles get approved and assigned automatically?

FN: You should use the path ZNO_STAGE_PATH as path ID for routing rule.

If the role does not have role owner it will not allow you the even get to Role Onwer stage - request will be detured.

My point from the begining was - instead of using the routing rule - in our case we used separate path for default roles without role owner:) only consisted with manager stage. Again your approach is different but also will work.

Then which Path ID should I use for "GRAC_MSMP_ROUTE_NO_ROLEOWNER" Rule ID, as it is mandatory?

Should I use my current path for New/Change Account where at Manager level this was routed due to non availability of role owner?

Are you asking for default roles?

Please advise.

Regards,

Faisal