Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sub Asset Depreciation Start Date

former_member220526
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I  have a scenario. i created an asset and post its acquisition on 01.04.2014. now the capitalization date in Asset master after acquisition is 01.04.2013. after one month a part of the asset previously acquired was needed to be replaced. so for this i created a sub asset of the main asset. here when i view the depreciation area tab i see that depreciation start date is same as of the main asset. which will be wrong because this asset is going to be acquire on 01.06.2014 so it depreciation should start from the same month. but this is not the case here. when i post the acquisition of the sub asset dated 01.06.2014 and view the asset in AW01N the system shows the planed value to be posted in the first depreciation run as Depreciation for the month of acquisition plus depreciation for the previous month as well. and if i try to change the depreciation start date in Sub asset master data it don't allow me, the field is grayed out. How can i cater this in SAP?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faizan,

Go to T code AO21 and choose field group rules, here tick in Main no means, ord dep start date will be copied from main asset to sub number.

If there is tick in main no and no tick in Sub number you cannot edit ord dep start date in  Sub asset and if there is tick in sub number also then the value will be copied from main asset and will be shown in editable mode and you can edit it.

Hope it solves.

Regards,

GSR

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faizan,

Change the field status of 'ord.dep.start date'  in the screen layout for depr.on sub asset in AO21.

Regards,

Mukthar