cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Block for 2 month no charge depreciation

0 Kudos

Dear All,

Please tell me how to no charge depreciation for asset for coming 2 month...

Exp.

Purchase :- 01.04.2014- Asset name:- Laptop(LG),

I have already charge depreciation of April, May, June, July, August. Depreciation rate:- 10%.

But my asset not working in September, So i submit my asset laptop service department (LG Service department). LG service department will give me laptop after 2 month.

My Ques. I want to no charge depreciation for sep, Oct. after receive i will again charge depreciation for November.. Please tell me how to block depreciation not charge in 2 month.. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to shut down the depreciation for the time interval, change in AS02 accordingly.

If you change the depreciation key to 0000 then it would write back all the depreciation posted, therefore, you need to be cautious on this.

João_FI_FIN-CS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maintain the depreciation key with "0000" will not depreciate as Mukthar said.

JPA

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jatin,

You have to maintain shut down indicator for the asset for the said period. Then it will not calculate depreciation. Before this you have to check the below configuration, if it has not done. Please done it.

1. Field status for "Shut down", which available in time dependent data, should be set as option for the asset class.

2.You have to select the shut down indicator as "yes" for the depreciation key of the asset

Regards,

Mukthar