cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

challenges in SAP HANA studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a trial cloud account. as for now, i foresee that i can work on developing my models by making use of standard tables available in the standard  schemas itself. suppose if i want to create my own tables and make use of them in my views, will it allow? as of now, i run into authorization, activation and privilege issues when working with analytical models with custom created tables. my aim is to work extensively on providing solutions to analytical problems and as a prelude, working with the trial account. is there anyway where i can work without any authorization hindrance when i create my own objects by making use of paid service with SAP HANA? may i know the various possibilities to purchase the HANA server?

somewhere i have seen that one can purchase it for some $137/ month or $1300 an year. is this true?

Thanks and Regards,

Murali.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello Murali,

you can use create statements to make your own tables in your NEO_ development schema in the trial version. you can also import .csv files into that schema as well using import to a new table (you'll need to find your NEO_ schema in that long list) or to an existing table that you've created with a create column table script.

for the view, create a new package in your content > username > instancename  folder.

once you've created and activated your view, ensure that you run the following procedure, then the view will appear in Catalog > _SYS_BIC showing that it can now be consumed.

CALL "HCP"."HCP_GRANT_SELECT_ON_ACTIVATED_OBJECTS";

you can then later consume the view in tools like lumira using a jdbc connection...

for the paid starter edition, please go here and scroll down to see the Try the Starter Edition link.

i hope this helps,

jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once again, thanks for your valuable time and response. let me make an attempt with your solution and get back to you at the earliest.

Regards,

murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jamie,

As suggested, I created native package and created an analytic view from it. I have given the procedure for privilege as well. Still i get this error. kindly help to understand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

to quickly add, i am baffled as to why is that there has to be a restriction and privilege issues when using SELECT command alone? It is understandable if there is a bar on insert and update.

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check out Stoyan's excellent blog post here.

i followed it and was able to later consume the view in lumira. however, he states at the bottom of the blog post:

_________

Known Limitations

Data Preview menu is not working from the SAP HANA Modeler or the SAP HANA Development perspective.

_________

i couldn't use Preview of the view data in HANA Studio for an Analytic View in studio but was able to consume the view from outside the studio. i was however able to use Preview on a Calculation View from the _SYS_BIC Column Views folder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jamie. It was a helpful response. Stoyan's blog reiterates the point that limitation does exist while consuming analytic models.

Regards,

Murali.

Answers (0)