Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Time Evaluation upon changing employee group

ShrutiJoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

One of the client is using the same number range for contractors and Regular employees. They hired a person as Contractor and changed him to Regular employee simply by changing his employee group and subgroup. Now when we execute time evaluation for the employee from the date when this status was changed from contractor to employee, we get the below error:

I have checked all the configuration and it is correct. Time evaluation is working for all Regular employees but giving this error only for the contractor to regular change cases. The interesting part is that I can see the quota getting populated in the time type and also shows in SALDO but still throws this error

In general what I have seen is that we Exit the Contractor and then re-hire the person as an Employee on a new PERNR.

Please let me know your views on the same. Is it that the time evaluation program has some checks for this kind of scenario.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shruti,

When do you generate the quotas for contractors? Is it monthly or yearly or contract period?

And when do you generate the quotas for employees? Is it monthly or yearly?

Also, when was this guy moved from contractor to regular employee - start of month or middle of month?

Kindly advise.

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal

ShrutiJoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek

Quotas are not generated for Contractors.

For Regular employees they are generated either on 1st April or on their hiring date.

This person was changed from contractor to regular mid month. The system works fine for all other mid month hires (who are hired as regular directly) but only in this case gives error.

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shruti,

Please do the following. I think this may fix your issue.

Go to validity and deduction interval and change the start of validity interval from calendar start date to accrual start date.

You are getting this issue because the quota validity is coming from 01.04.2014 whereas this contractor became an employee on 18.08.2014.

Since contractors don't have any quotas, the creation of quota from 01.04.2014 is resulting in this error.

I believe this will solve the issue. Let me know how it goes.

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal

ShrutiJoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek

The validity and deduction intervals are already set as start and end of accrual period. Thats the reason, for all other regular mid hires the quota gets generated from their hiring date.

The interesting part in this case is that I can see QTACC generate from the change date but still time eval gives error.

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shruti,

Can you please recheck the configuration of table V_T559L?

Refer your screenshot from time evaluation. I am attaching it here for your reference.

It is saying that the validity and deduction intervals are from 01.04.2014. I am not referring to accural period. Your accrual period is daily. 

Regarding for new hires, the validity interval will always get picked up from hiring date irrespective of quota start year.

Please go to table V_T559L and select the option Valid from Accrual Period Start and then check. This should fix your issue.

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also, the QTACC is generating from changed date because your accrual date is the changed date.

Can you share screenshot of your table configuration V_T559L?

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal

ShrutiJoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Vivek, I will try that.

However, I would like to know in general is it a good practice to use the same pernr for contractor and employee? What I have seen in my previous projects is that there are different number ranges altogether for contractors and employees. What are the pros and cons of using the same pernr?

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well more than practice, it depends on the requirement.

In all the clients which I have worked with, I have seen the same PERNR being used. The client gets a complete perspective of the employee's tenure with the company whether as an employee or contractor.

The only con in this method is that we should be careful about the configuration in time regarding quotas which you are facing now.

I would always recommend using the same PERNR because one can get the complete picture using one PERNR. One just needs to tweak the configuration slightly.

Maintaining different number ranges will keep the records separate and you won't have to bother about any configuration related issues since you will be dealing with different PERNRs.

Let me know how the testing goes after changing the configuration in Table V_T599L.

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shruti,

How did the testing go after making the changes? Is the issue resolved now?

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shruti,

Did this issue get resolved?

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal

ShrutiJoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek

The business is opting to separate the contractors and employees via number ranges so didnt need to do this config.

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Our School Boards use many different Personnel Area Groupings for Attendance-Absences and for Quotas, so that whenever there is a reassignment, the practice is to delimit all existing Quotas as of the transfer date before doing the transfer action, and to create new ones during or after the transfer action and that even if the Quota number is the same.

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes , As said the old Quotas should be delimited when ever an employee have org reassignment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shruti,

If by any chance, there is any open valid quota which is only valid for contractors. If you are changing any grouping then delimit the related quota, please.

Regards

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shruti,

We have had cases which are similar to you, wherein the terms of employment (contractor to regular) are changed for the same pernr by executing an action. So the same number scenario does exist.

For your above error, can you please check the QUOMO feature and quota selection rule mapping for the given employee group ? Alongside, I will also suggest is to compare the time evaluation log for this person along with some other pernr for whom quota is getting correctly generated. May be some custom PCRs are doing some checks

Regards

Neha

ShrutiJoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neha

The feature QUOMO is common for Employees and Contractors. It is based only on country grouping so there is no problem there for sure. I have also compared the evaluation log for other regular employees and this case and nothing is different at all. Its only this error that comes on the first day of run when they changed him from contractor to regular.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shruti,

You can delete the perner and reseting the current number in pa04 you can hire the same emp with the same perner. Try this..

Wait for expert advice...

Santosh