cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding new field to product allocation catalog?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are configuring product allocations in SCM 7.0 and have a requirement to add a new field to the standard field catalog for the allocations check.  We have followed the procedure outlined by SAP to add our new field to the structure /SAPAPO/KOMGOZ, add the field to the field catalog, and copied the source code to ERP.

The issue that we are having is that new custom field that we added to the field catalog is not being populated when we execute /SAPAPO/ATPQ_PAREA_K - Characteristics Combinations from Planning Area.  The product allocations group that is being used in /SAPAPO/ATPQ_PAREA_K has three characteristics. The first two which are SAP provided fields are being populated correctly, but the last custom field we added to the field catalog is not. It is just blank.

Is there a step that we missed during the configuation.  We are only using this field for the product allocations check (we do not use Rules Based ATP).

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arnel,

Adding to expert Pravin's statements,  /SAPAPO/ATPQ_PAREA_K only copies CVCs from the linked Planning area to the Product Allocation Group.  It does not copy allocation values (data) into the PA group.

So, in order to copy a NEW CVC from your planning area into the PA group, you must create the CVC in the Planning area (typically you would use /SAPAPO/MC62 to create the new CVC in the Planning Area).  Then you run  /SAPAPO/ATPQ_PAREA_K.

Once the CVC exists in the Product Allocation Group (review using /SAPAPO/ATPQ_CHKCHAR), then the Product allocation VALUES are maintained in your Planning area (typically using /SAPAPO/SDP94).  Finally, these values can then be copied into the Product allocation group by copying /SAPAPO/ATPQ_PAREA_R.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

DB49,

Thank you for added info. We have executed all the tasks you mentioned above. It looks like our issue is related to missing condition table, as Pravin noted.

Best regards,

Arnel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nice to heae issue resolved.

Please close the thread with your comments any.

Thanks

pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pravin,

Actually, we haven't resolve the issue. We are still in the proces soc creating the condition table. I have a couple of questions:

1. What is the condition table for?

2. Are there any other settings you could think of the is critical for adding field catalog?

3. I can't seem to find any documentation how to set this up? Any recommendation?

Thanks,

Arnel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnel,

Please go through the link below.. if any specific questions further, let me know.

Product Allocation - SAP Library

Thanks

Pravin M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pravin,

Looks like we figure out the issue. We are trying to get multiple allocation group using 1 planning area. Do you see any concern with that approach?

Thanks,

Arnel

Former Member
0 Kudos

you mean multiple allocation group??

yes, there might be many prod allocation group assigned to a single/multiple product allocation procedure.  Not sure exact what exactly you did and what is issue?

Most IMP== try do a consistency check for product allocation after your complete configurations. It will give you the info is something wrong or should be looked in to.

APO-IMg-Advanced Planning and Optimization-Global Available-to-Promise (Global ATP)-Product Allocation-Check the Product Allocation Settings

As its always good, if you provide the requirement in details so we might be able to give better approach. if you can put your screen shots and explain what is being done and what is expected, we should be able to help. 

Please close the thread if issue resolved.

Regards,

Pravin M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

It looks like the issue we're having is related to maintaining more characteristics in the allocation group than we should have. After correcting that, it seems to work but we are seeing strange behaviour. That was the time we thought of taking the approach of 1 planning area for each allocation group.

Let me give you a little more infor on the requirements and may be you can offer more insights.

1. Provide allocation check at multiple levels; Sold-to and Material at the lowest level

2. The "higher" levels are based on attributes of both Sold-to and Material. Attributes for both are combination of standard and custom fields.

3. If allocation fails at the lowest level, then start checking higher levels and so forth. We use Sequence of Allocation Procedure for that.

Any recommendation or tips you can offer based on our requirement?

So far, we took the approach of creating of different planning areas per level. Is that the right thing to do?

As we were resolving some of our issues we executed program /SAPAPO/RMQUOT_GENERATE (tcode: /SAPAPO/ATPCQ_GENER). Do you know when this program should be executed and what is the expected results?

Thank you and we do appreciate you taking time to answer our questions. Hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,

Arnel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnel,

I was expecting with examples but anyway.

consider the examples of your CVC

Country Region brand SO DV DC mat plant  etc...

now you want to first get confirmation on SO and DV  , Prd allo group with these 2 characteristics

same goes for all other combinations.

now if you want to go with Either Or   /And.. decides if you need to go with one product allocation procedure with many prod allocation group  /or/ a sequence product allocation procedure.

Its very straight forward as such... if you come up with examples, i can give better details.

Looking at point 3 it looks like you want to go with 'OR' so you will have to go with sequence.

(tcode: /SAPAPO/ATPCQ_GENER)-  is to check the customizing,  sometime you might move the Prod allocation from dev system and just to make sure there is no issue in transport /missing config.. it will check with transaction code.  I don't think you have to run this every time. After every transport..may be you have too as a caution check.

Imp:  just to check @ different levels i dont think you will have to create different planning area.  If all the characteristics on which you want to (combinations) is available in one planning area , you should be good with one planning area only.

Hope this is helpful.  I would suggest to follow what we have discussed so far and then you can create another message after the configuration/approach you finalized  with new issues/concerns you will be facing.

If issue are really bothering you much, you can reach out to me directly. Let me know

Pravin M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

Is there a way I could reach you via your personal email or phone?

Again, that you for your help.

Regards,

Arnel

Former Member

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, i hope after catalog, you must have maintained all the necessary settings like condition table, allocation object etc.

Imp is  'Maintain Connection to Planning Area' - have you linked your PA key fig to Prod allocation group and KF??

Pravin M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

Thank you for the prompt response. We have created the allocation object but it looks like we missed some settings including the condition table. What is the condition table for? Are there any other settings you could think of the is critical for adding field catalog?

Regards,

Arnel