cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analysis for Office - differences for version Office 2007 and 2010.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have big problem with differences views chart. When I created chart in

analysis for office and then I displayed chart in analysis for version office 2007 and

2010. In 2007 I have chart which don't resizing when I change the data

range and show me blank chart additionaly. In office 2010 I don't have

that problem but I have another. When I maked chart with table

in legend there I have number of decimal places(in query designer I have

0 decimal places) but in 2007 office table is correct without decimal

places.

Does somebody have a solution to this problem?

Regards,

Tom

http://steamcommunity.com/app/16730/discussions/0/846965882764114980/?insideModal=1

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anybody have similar problem?

Regards,

Tom

maagp
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

I was able to reproduce the issue that the chart data table is showing too many decimal places in comparison to the crosstab. This issue affects Office 2010 & 2013.

I opened an internal message for this issue so that we can analyze & fix it for (one of) the following SP(s).

Best regards,

Patrik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrik,

It sounds great ! When you get the message with the solution of this problem please give some information .

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Tom

maagp
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

Sorry for not posting a status update for such a long time.

Just wanted to let you know that we analysed the issue some time ago and found out that it is a bug of MS Excel itself when using the regional settings of Germany and a few other countries like Italy (using some Excel functionalities like AutoFit is causing this. The problem is even reproducible with some simple VBA coding without any Add-Ins loaded). It seems like the bug depends on the used number formats. Unfortunately there's no workaround available so there's nothing that SAP can do to fix this.

Therefore I opened hotfix requests for Excel 2010 and 2013 at Microsoft but they are still getting reviewed (at least it is confirmed that it is an Excel bug and that Microsoft can reproduce it). I will let you know as soon as I get a response of the MS Office development department.

Best regards,
Patrik

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which version of Analysis Office are you using?  Could you look at this SAP Note? http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1998827

Former Member
0 Kudos

I use 1.4.8.3136

Best Regards,

Tom

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It sounds like you are on the latest release; could you please open an incident with SAP Support on this issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry but I can't open an incident witp SAP Support.

Exactly I have that table views for the same chart:

for office 2010:

and for office 2007:

Tom