cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create routing step with reporting step null

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have scenario like not all the step in the Routing should be reported to SAP ECC at time of assembly component. YieldConfirmation should only be triggered for certain routing step.

1.Production order is downloaded from ECC to SAP ME via SAPMEINT by LOIPRO01 IDOC. 

2. Added check like for certain cases only Routing step should have reporting step.

Getting null pointer exception when Production order IDOC is coming from ECC to SAP ME.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure about what "2. Added check like for certain cases only Routing step should have reporting step" means.

All routing steps that come from ERP must have Reporting Step.

If you need to have only one ERP Reporting Step, you can import LOIPRO with a one-step routing without auto-release of the order, then update the routing in Routing Maintenance of SAP ME to add whatever steps you need before and after this ERP routing step, and then release the order. Then all component assembled before the reporting step will be confirmed to ERP when you complete this step.

As alternative, you can update the ERP routing via XLST of SAPMEINT to include non-ERP (ME-specific) steps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sergiy,

I tried the alternative (mention above), I updated the routing step(coming from ECC) tags with reporting step null , it is throwing exception. Please let me know if i am missing anything.

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!

I'm not sure if I fully understand what you have done, but I would try the following:

- make sure that there is at least one routing step with Reporting Step;

- for ME-specific steps, remove Reporting Step tag completely to avoid posting null.

If that does not help, the deeper investigation is needed - for this you'd rather submit a support ticket.

Regards,

Sergiy

Answers (0)