Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BICS_PROV_GET_RESULT_SET returned an exception: INVALID_DATA_PROVIDER_HANDLE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did any one face a similar problem?

Business Objects Analysis for Excel dumps on Save Data in a Standard Input-ready query

Error when multiple rows of data is saved in Analysis. Works fine when a single row of data is saved.

Any pointers to find the probable cause are appreciated. Thanks.

Versions: BO Analysis for Excel Client (Version: 1.4.6)

Netweaver 7.3 SP 11

Steps:

Open a Standard delivered Input Ready query /ERP/COOM_A07_IRQ0001

In the Input template, enter values for multiple WBS Elements for a single period

Click on Save Data

Analysis Error occurred. Data is not saved.

Error Messages:

a) An exception occurred in one of the data sources.

SAP BI Add-in has disconnected all data sources.

If you want to restart, press the Restart button below. (ID-111006)

b) Nested exception. See inner exception below for more details:

Invalid program status\: RFC call BICS_PROV_GET_RESULT_SET returned an exception: INVALID_DATA_PROVIDER_HANDLE

Also, question on Analysis and Java.  Is BI-JAVA required for Bex queries to work on Analysis?

From what I gathered from scn, Java isn't a pre-requisite. However all the SAP Notes related to BO Analysis point to corrections or upgrade to BI-JAVA

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Tammy,

We opened a note. Sent them the traces.

Will add this link. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Vasu,

Even we are facing a similar issue.

We have a input ready query with few KFs and as part of char we have Fiscal Period and Fiscal period is using the hierarchy.

When we are trying to expand the hierarchy we are getting this error. It was working fine before.

Can you please provide some inputs.

Thanks

Divya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Divya,

I think the issue you are facing is a different one.

SAP support found out that the error we ran into was due to an error a SAP Project Systems Program . They recommended  applying note 1894493.  It fixed the issue.

Thanks,

Vasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu,

I'm similar issue with BW Integrated Planning while trying to add Planning function I get the below error

When I look at the mentioned OSS note , it look like a issue on ERP side. But I'm trying to add planning functions using Integrated Planning on the BW with AO . I have created a Input ready query and insert that as my data source in AO , I'm able  to change or add new rows through my input ready query and even I'm able to add planning sequence. When I try to add planning functions I get the above error.

Appreciate your help.

Regards,

Balaji

Can you share the OSS note

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

We had similar issue after the upgrade from 7.3 to 7.5, when running a Planning workbook where the Aggr. level has Time Characteriestics. The reason for this in my system was due to some inconsistency in the Time characteristics like (Calmonth, FISCPER etc.) We have identified the issue by running RSRV and got to know that there is some inconsistency with few Planning cubes.

After checking the SAP Note : 2289880 - Allowing time dimension inconsistecy for partitioned cubes

its understood that a new entry is needed "RSDD_PARTITION_ALLOW_TIM_INCON : If set to X it will allow data loading to cube with inconsistent time dimension." in the table RSADMIN. But in the Note its not clearly provided how to maintain the entry in the table. Got to know that we need to run the program SAP_RSADMIN_MAINTAIN and give the Object as "RSDD_PARTITION_ALLOW_TIM_INCON" and Value as "X" and select the Insert Radio button and Execute. Then after this step the table RSADMIN will now have a new entry which will resolve the issue.

0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

Even I am facing the issue when i opening the office with Hana Models.

I am attaching the screen shot of the following error.

Any advice is much appreciated and thanks in advance.

Version 1.4

Error:-

An exception occurred in one of the data sources.

SAP BI Add-in has disconnected all data sources.

If you want to restart, press the Restart button below. (ID-111006)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Uninstall analysis office and install it again.If doesnt worked search for latest service pack and install it..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

at first BI JAVA is NEVER required for Analysis for Office. A very common component of Analysis for Office (BICS) is also available on BI JAVA, that might think you that BI JAVA is needed. But only the ABAP part of BICS (for example BICS_PROV_GET_RESULT_SET) is common with the BI JAVA version of BICS.

If you get an "invalid_data_provider_handle" its just a symptom. The problem is somewhere else.

Do you have more information from the log file?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thorsten,

Thanks for the info. Applying SAP note 1894493. fixed the issue we have.

Regards,

Vasu

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vasu - what is the possibility of trying this with Analysis Office 1.4.8 ?

You are right, Analysis Office generally does not require BI-Java (but I am not familiar with planning scenarios)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tammy. Let me try that.

The strange thing is it works fine in Analysis 1.4.6 in our Sandbox but not in the Client's environment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tammy,

FYI, we have upgraded Analysis to 1.4.8 but still running into the same issue.

Thanks,

Vasu

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu -

At this point, I recommend opening an incident with SAP Support.  Please attach the trace logs with these details (and link to this discussion)

Best of luck.

Tammy