cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting BW to GRC 10.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We're implementing GRC 10.1 as part of a transition from 5.3. We have been able to configure the system correctly for ECC (Role Import, Provisioning, FF), however we haven't been able to configure successfully the BW connection.

Right now to do a Role Import we're able to see the Landscape but can't populate the Source System for BW.

We configured the BW sandbox as BI and as SAP in the connectors to test both scenarios but we just can't see the Source System. We can see the Landscape when we select either SAP or BI, but can't populate the Source System to show the BW RFC connection.

If you have a doc or a link I can check out to configure systems other than ECC for GRC that would be great!

Thank you very much.

Maria

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

Kindly paste the snap shots for the setting you have done for the following nodes:

1) Maintain Connectors and Connection Types:

Have you correctly define your BW system in here and how about the define connector group node?

Did you map your BW system in the respective connector group correctly?

2) Maintain Connection Settings

3) Maintain Connector Settings

Regards,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet

Here you can see what I've done. What's covered in blue it's the RFC connection name

Regards

Maria Alejandra Piedra

SAP Basis/Security

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

Your configurations look absolutely correct.

One question: Did you configure Integration scenario : "ROLMG" for your BI system?

Regards,

Ameet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet

I was going through the Connectors one more time and I thought of checking all the scenarios and BAM! there it was, I hadn't added it to the ROLMG scenario. If I hadn't figured it out, you would've saved my life.

Thanks so much!

Maria

0 Kudos

Hi Ameet, we are doing a migration of GRC 5.3 to 10.1 as part of the same we are trying connect our BI system to new GRC 10.1, while setting up the connectors and connection types:

we are not seeing Connection type "BI - Business Intelligence"  under "Maintain Connectors and Connection Types", please see below for screenshots of the same..

If this is a result of not activating the relevant BC set, please let us know the details of the relevant BC set which needs to activated.

On the same note : In order to implement ARA (Access Risk Mgmt.) and EAM (Emergency Access Mgmt.) for BI system, does configuring Integration scenarios AUTH and SUPMG  suffice ??

Any references around configuring GRC10.1 with BI will help a lot ..

Thanks, Narsing !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Narsinga

Like you I had that same confusion, but BW is set up under SAP system so set it up just like you would configure ECC.

This also means that you would have to configure all the scenarios that you're going to use it for (AUTH, SUPMG).

Hope it helps.

Maria

0 Kudos

Thanks Maria for the quick response, I was under the impression that I might have to activate BI specific BC set, for GRC system to show up connection type "BI - Business Intelligence".

Thanks Again, Narsing !!

Answers (0)