Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to re-trigger events stuck due to disabled provisioning task

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

In our provisioning queue we have some amount of stuck events caused by  accidental disabling of provisioning tasks to execute. When the tasks are enabled again now those events sitting in the queue do not want to be processed anymore by IDM.

Now in the queue we have the following tasks:

• Task group A ("Expanded OK" in MXP_PROVISION, ProvStatus = 1 - "Task not enabled for provisioning" in MXP_AUDIT table)
  • Sub-task B  ("Expanded OK" in MXP_PROVISION)
  • Sub-task C  ("Waiting" in MXP_PROVISION)
  • Sub-task D ("Waiting" in MXP_PROVISION)

Tasks B,C,D had been temporarily disabled in Identity Center. But now all they are enabled again. And now IDM does not want to process the previously expanded events already sitting in the queue. Perhaps, it's because the root task group is already marked with status 1 "Task not enabled for provisioning" in the audit table.

So, how to re-trigger the stuck events sitting in the queue and force the WAITING tasks to be processed ? By the way, all of them are just MODIFY events, not assigments (links/assigments are not involved here).

Thank you for any hints,

Siarhei

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Finally it's resolved by my own. I used the following SQL to re-trigger execution of the task group:

-- delete already expanded sub-tasks from the queue (here the IDs of sub-tasks are specified)

delete from mxp_provision where MSKey = @MSKey and AuditRef = @AuditID and ActionID in (1002143, 1002148, 1002153, 1002137)

-- re-run the task group again (set it as ready-to-run) (here the ID of the task group is specified)

update mxp_provision set State = 2 where MSKey = @MSKey and AuditRef = @AuditID and ActionID = 1002136

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Siarhei,

I guess you tried the Force Restart button in State tab?

Regards

Norman

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Norman

In my case there are no action tasks in the queue that I can restart. All the sub-tasks, B, C, D, are task groups, not action tasks. The task groups contains some action tasks, but they are not yet expanded and inserted in the queue. IDM does not want to expand the task groups and proceed with action tasks. The task groups are just pending in the queue with status Waiting.

BR, Siarhei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sierhei,

You can check the audit log from the Q and see, why the task is waiting, use this select:

select * from mcmv_audit where auditref=%Q_audit_id%;

as well you can check if the action tasks into the task group are active and if the dispatchers are running.

BR,

Simona