SAP for Healthcare Discussions
Foster discussions about patient care, cost reduction, and operational excellence in healthcare organizations using SAP. Join the conversation.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Location Number

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

We are using SAP ECC 6.0

I am trying to find out where I can assign a Global Location Number to our company or Plant.

I understand I can assign the GLN for our Vendors in the Vendor Master , Control data section (Loc1, Loc2, check digit)

I also understand I can assign the GLN for our Customers in the Customer Master , Control data section (Loc1, Loc2, check digit)

I am just not sure how or where I can assign our own GLN to our company and plants

Any help would be appreciated?

Also, are we on the right version for the GLN functionality?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Raymond

GS1 functionality became core in ECC 6.0 EhP2.

You can define GLNs for your company, plants, and purchasing organizations in the GLN Table, transaction code EANGLN.  However, core functionality limits your organization to those three business objects, which many customers have said is too limiting (plant is too high-level for ship-tos, and the core functionality also assumes that the bill-to and ship-to are the same GLN, which often isn't the case.

In 2009, the Healthcare IBU funded out-of-core GLN enhancements that added 14 more business objects for GLNs with enhanced GLN Table build capabilities, IDoc User Exit to utilize the new business objects, and GLN Search Help for Vendors and Customers that you can download from the SAP Market Place for Healthcare at http://service.sap.com/healthcare-guides

For details on existing and enhanced functionality, and for a good overall education on GS1 standards that also are used not only for MM and LES functions, but also for Global Data Synchronization, Traceability, and Authentication, see my ASUG presentation "SAP Support for GS1 Standards" at SAP Box Attachment

Cheers,

Jon Arck

Healthcare IBU