cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivate a Delta Hub

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an Infocube that has a large number of requests that are not compressed due to the process chain not containing the compression step.  I am trying to manually compress the reqeusts to catch up but running into an issue.  Previously this Infocube did a delta load to an Open Hub.  The Open Hub is no longer needed but the delta is still activated to the hub so the Infocube will not allow me to compress the requests.  How can I deactivate the delta to the hub so the deltamart is no longer tied to the Infocube?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mary,

Never do the compression on latest request.

if you compress latest request then all below request will compressed.

better to do the compression from last request(request ab, from lower request number to higher).

You can delete the delta which goes to open.Goto your info cube-->right click-->manage-->request tab, there is column data mart symbol, click on it(against to request - row), it may shows the delta, you can delete that init.

please check how many inits are exist there, if multiples are there, need to be careful and find the right one.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response and also advising not compressing the latest request for like you mentioned it will compress all the requests below.  I have requests that need to be compressed back to 2011 so I am trying to attempt a couple of requests at a time, but still unable to request due to the data mart that is still connected to the Hub.

I did what you suggested and went into the cube and the 'Data Mart' column and deleted the symbol with the arrows.  There is only one delta from the cube to the Hub so I deleted it and all the requests that went out to the Hub but still no luck.

As of right now teh 'Data Mart' column in my cube has no arrows.  Still unable to compress for when I select the request I am receiving the message 'Compression not necessary; no requests found for compressing'.  Seems like the delta is still not deactivated to the Hub that is no longer used.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mary,

Seems like the request which you selected fro compress might be compressed.

thru your message " 'Compression not necessary; no requests found for compressing'. i can say that.

Or how many request your doing compression at a time?

pllease try to do compress less request at a time.

As of now try to compress only one request and see the result.

One more thing:

'Data Mart' column and deleted the symbol with the arrows" - This is not init. tht arrows indicates perticulr request updated to further targets. if  you click on in that mark, on next pop you may see the init with green mark and delete icon there itself.

Try again and check the results.

if error occurs please share the steps which you did thru screen shots.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Ramanjaneyulu

Here are some answers to your questions with an attachment of what I am seeing on my end.  I do know the requests are not yet compressed, yet.  For this step was removed from the process chain once the Open Hub was no longer needed.  At that time we were unable to compress the requests due to the delta still activated to the Hub.  The team member couldn't figure it out at that time so here we are today couple of years later and our requests are building up in the cube that are not compressed.

I tried compression just one request for now until I get this resolved.

Your response stating that when I deleted the arrows this is not actually the step that deletes the delta init. Can you please walk me through those steps for that is probably where my solution lies.  I have listed below my steps that I did when I deleted the arrows.

1. Selected the ‘Manage’ tab of the cube
  2. Double clicked on the arrows in the ‘Data Mart’ column
  3. Selected the ‘Garbage Can’ in the ‘Delete’ column. 
  4. Prompt do you want to delete the request:  Answer ‘Yes’
  5. Arrows disappeared in the ‘Data Mart’ column
  6. Tried compressing request 108246 and received the error:  ‘Compression not necessary; no requests found for compressing'.

Now when I go back into that 'Data Mart' column I see the Request to the Hub with a red for the 'Status' column.  When I go into the 'Monitor' of that request to the Hub there is the Header and the Details tab of the DTP Monitor. Is it somewhere in here where I can delete the Init?

Thanks for your time.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mary,

The steps which did was rigth. No problem.

Please go thru sap note - 1584120.

Please search on Google by using search term as "Compression Problems related to Datamart Delta". you will get most useful wiki.

hope that helps.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again, Ramanjaneyulu.

The solution was doing the Google search for 'Compression Problems related to Datamart Delta' and I came across this site:  http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/BI/Compression+Problems+related+to+Datamart+Delta.  I executed program RSBK_LOGICAL_DELETE_DTP for the technical name of the DTP to the Open Hub, which is no longer needed, and was able to compress!

Mary Jo

Answers (0)