cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboards 4.1 SP3 - Can i have same destination for 2 Spreadsheet selector?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can i have have the same destination for 2 spreadsheet selectors? I am having issue by having this. Do you know if this is normal or it is a bug. Would like to know if there is any workaround for this issue.

All inputs are welcome.

Regards,

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I tried by using two different spreadsheet and plotted the destination in a single cell, its working for me. But i don't understand the flow of this, because both the value will be selected here so that the user can get confused by this right. Anyways please check the attached .txt file and open it through dashboard.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sumanth,

I ran the file you send me and it is dispalying as you said. But in my dashboard there seams to be a conflict. I have source for spread sheet 1  from B9 to AU23 and its destination is B5:AU5.And for spread sheet 2 from B24:AU40 and destination is same B5:AU5.

I am on version Dashboards 4.1 SP3.

Any help is appreaciated.

Thanks,

Kiran

former_member190855
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran

It is working fine when I try. Can you elaborate more on the error you are receiving?

When I bind destination of spreadhseet components into exact same cell ranges it does not show any conflict or warning. When I preview it works as expected.

How did you set it up? Can you post screenshot of both General & Behavior tab properties of both the spreadsheets?

Thanks

Runali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Runali,

I am attaching thelink to RAR file with 2 spread sheets and one combo box in a compressed file at a file haring location, that RAR file has the XLM file . once it is downloaded please extract and open it in Dashboard designer. Rather sending all the data from the actual dashboard i created sample data ro replicated the issue in the attached dashboard. Please ignore sheet Main.

Link

(http://www.filedropper.com/dashboardwith2spreadsheetsandcombobox91314txt)

Combo box has 2 Entities "Entity 1 and Entity 2"

Bu default I selected label 1 so Entity 1 is selected.

And from Data tab data is filtered and posted to another sheet "EntityResults"

From here Spread sheets 1 & 2 selects data .

Sheet 1 has source data C3:E12

Sheet 2 has source data C13:E21

There is another sheet 3 which displays the destination of sheet 1 and sheet 2

Issue:

When i select data from Sheets 1 and change the selection from Entity 1 to Entity 2 from the combo box the data from the destination is deleted.

or

When i select data from sheet 2 and then with out changing the entity i select data from sheet 2  and then change the entity the data which i selct from sheet 2 replaces sheet 1 data.

Hoiping to hear any suggestions regarding this. All your help is appreciated.

I am on dashboards 4.1 SP3 and Falsh 11.5

Regards,

Kiran

former_member190855
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

From the Behavior tab of the Spreadsheets set the Selected Item to Row1

Runali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Runali,

That option did not work.

Any other ideas or suggestions?

THanks,

Kiran

former_member190855
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This worked for me. Attached is the xlf. The extension is changed to .txt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Runali,

I tried it and again it is doing the same.

Steps i did.

1.Select metric from Sheet 1, i see data in destination from sheet 1.

2.Select metric from Sheet 2, i see data in destination from sheet 2
3.Select metric from Sheet 1, i see data in destination from sheet 1.

4.Now change the entity from combo box from Entity 1 to Entity 2, the data in destination from step 3 is replace with data from step 2.

Please follow the steps and see if that works .

Also could you please give me the versions of Dashboards, Adobe and Excel,

I am on Dashboards 4.1,Adobe 11.5.502, Excel 2013.

Appreaciate all your help on this.

Kiran

former_member190855
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, I tried that exact sequence and it is not working, you are right. This is because the Spreadsheet Table 2 is lower in the list and it operates after the 1 and hence the destination is always same as spreadsheet 2.

If you swap the order then the problem will switch.

Can you elaborate why do you need to design the dashboard in such a fashion? Why do you need to split the EntityResults in two separate spreadsheets?

If we know that may be we will be able to suggest an alternate solution that works and meets your requirement at the same time.

Runali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Runali, 

I have attached screen shot of the dashboard main page. That is how end user is requesting the data to presented. So to accomplish that I was trying to use 2 spread sheets. Had it been single spread sheet this issue would not have happened.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Runali,

The issue has been resolved.

1.For 2 spread sheets under General tab I selected “Interaction Only”

2.Changed the target from EntityResults!$B$1:$E$1  to EntityResults!$A$1 For both sheets.

3.Added another Combo box to derive the record based on target EntityResults!$A$1  and placed the data into EntityResults!$B$1:$E$1.(Used dynamic labeling option)

As i had the Metric constant for all the Entity the "Interaction Only" and Combo box with Dynamic filetring help in resolving the issue.

Thanks for looking in to this . I appreciate all your help

Kiran

former_member190855
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pretty neat!! Thanks for sharing the solution.

Runali

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sriramvijay_ravidoss
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This happens usually when we try to keep same cell as destination for two series of same chart. I have not seen this before with spreadsheet selector.

Work around for this is having "Source data"(under Others) Component. This will copy paste from one cell to another.

Method:

* Spreadsheet selector 1's destination A1

* Spreadsheet selector 2's destination A2

Include 2 source data componet.

Source for Source data 1 should be A1 and 2 should A2.

Destination for both the components can be mapped to same destination A3. This A3 will act as destination for both Spread sheet selecto.

-Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sriram,

I did exactly what you said but not able to get the desired results.

I used source data 1 for A1 and Source data 2 for A2 and for both i used A3 as destination.

But the problem here is when i select row 1 from Spread sheet 1 it is going to A1 and from there it is doing to A3 (Source data 1 is pushing ot A3), so based on A3 by using dynamic visibality i am displaying chart 1.

Then when i select Row 1  from Spread sheet 2 the value is posted to A2 and from there to A3.So again based on A3 the chart 2 is made availabe. Untill here it ok

When i again go back to Row 1 of sheet 1 and want to display chart 1 it is not displaying still chart 2 is being displayed , As the Row 1 was already selcted there is not change in A1 and that is the reason Source data 1 thinks there is no data change it is not posting the value to A3.

I am guessing unless the value in A1 is deleted when i select Row 2 in sheet my issue is not going to be solved.  Please let me know if there are any other ways to do this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sriram,

I tried your suggestion and still not use.

Thanks,

Kiran